Archinect
anchor

Dream team

treekiller

if you could pick the best consultant team for a project, who would they be and why?

each project type and market has different levels of sophistication, so selecting Arup acoustics for a concert hall makes sense, but they would be a sledge hammer swatting a fly for a single family house...

So here is a you chance to indulge a favorite archinect pastime of making lists.

Just include project type, location, consultant role, name of consultant (and even specific people at that firm), what makes them the best, and have fun dreaming since cost is no object....

For a recent competition for a site in istanbul, my firm submitted the following team for a large mixed-use development on a brownfield:
*Arup - structural, MEP, acoustics, sustainability
*Andropogon - ecological planning, landscape architects
*Interiors (can't disclose)

didn't get much beyond these key players...

Jul 27, 07 10:40 am
eastcoastarch03

anyone but Gehry

Jul 27, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

I've had up close and personal experience with Arup on a large telcommunications contract. Can't say they blew me away. I'm not biased either...I worked for them as a student!

Jul 27, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Advance enviromental...

Aug 3, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

your firm should hire me to brief them on turkish culture in general.;.)

Aug 4, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

hey eastcoast, we're signing contracts for you right now. Liebeskind is super excited. He can't decide if he's going to copy his Denver museum, or the Royal Ontario. Either way he's super excited about working with Brad Pitt on this project. I say its gonna be a winning combo.

BTW, we're gonna need to run a credit check on you. Danny's chairs ain't cheap.

Aug 4, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Ken Yeang and ARUP with Cecil Balmond - is there anyone else worth even mentioning. I could make shit fly with those two

Aug 4, 07 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: