Archinect
anchor

yacht interiors

blackturtleneck

Does anyone here do custom boatbuilding / yacht interiors? I was wondering how it compared to designing buildings.

Jul 25, 07 2:21 am
upside

with a 3dh boat you need no interiors

Jul 25, 07 2:32 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

The French version of AD had a feature on custom boats/yacht interiors last month.

Jul 25, 07 6:06 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

----- Eh I second that ; with 3D-H you prepare many of the real time comsuming issues, it's like thinking ahead where if you know where the floors the bulkheads and all main structural supports is needed you simply will save that much time and what is more important, when these things become easy there will be so many more inspiration to build your design from.

Jul 25, 07 6:20 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Remember 3D-H was develobed as a new method to replace the tradisional boat frames, those you build a metal or plywood or tradisional wooden boad over, ---- experienced will reconise the obvious positive gains having a framework like that.

Jul 25, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Realy --- if you are a profesional boats designer you are welcome to critic the use of 3D-H in boats building --- if you are not ,don't display your wish to "know everything" , it's quite a silli attitude to enter just to critic something you know less than nothing about ,something others spended decades to learn and master.

I only add my knowleage and advise from my skills and the results I made , ;

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=animationcbwh6.gif

Jul 25, 07 8:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: