Archinect
anchor

office whining

holz.box

just because something doesn't go exactly as planned or is frustrating, or the client questions you on something that is relateively irrelevant, is not appropriate. in fact, it's downright annoying, pathetic and gets old really fast.

how'd you ever defend your thesis? was it a lightweight program, or did your faculty baby you knowing you'd just cry.

i will concede there are appropriate times to cry at the office, but they mostly revolve aroud death or attempting to weld your arm to something.

that is all.

Jul 23, 07 11:54 pm
vado retro

quit whining about the whining!

Jul 23, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

quit whining about the whining about the whining!

Jul 24, 07 12:05 am  · 
 · 
upside

quit whining about the whining about the whining about the whining!

Jul 24, 07 12:33 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Start wining.

Jul 24, 07 12:44 am  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

winer = winner
whiner = wiener

Jul 24, 07 8:07 am  · 
 · 

If one cannot vent here, in the anonymity of the internets where everyone else goes to likewise air their own frustrations with those that frustrate them in their frustration, where then can one vent?

Jul 24, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 
mespellrong

Ah -- so when you do it it is venting, but when someone else does it, it is whining.

I hate it when people do that.

Jul 24, 07 9:58 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

let me clarify, sniffling turning into horridly screeching sobbing.
not complaining.

Jul 24, 07 11:18 am  · 
 · 
Mark Anthony

Who cries over work? Something Josua Prince-Ramus said in a lecture over the weekend was "don't ever care more about a project than the client"

Jul 25, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Master Architect

Hey why vent at work when you can take it out on the liquor...I mean i'm not an alky, but happy hour does put a smile on my face thru a stressful day at work...with women...with the client...with the engineers...and well...with traffic on the road...

Oh yeah dont drink and drive....Drink then Drive...so much better in court...

Jul 26, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

if you don't like drinking and driving, then stay the hell off the sidewalk

Jul 26, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
grid

whiner=wino

Jul 26, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

was teaching new girl how to layout a sheet in ACAD when she stopped me close to the end and said: "do you mind if we just do this tomorow morning, I'm hungry and I don't learn well on an empty stomach"
Then she got up and left the office. At 4:30. On her second Day.

Jul 26, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

LL...are you serious?

that should go in the WTF thread.

in what pea-brain is that acceptable?

Jul 26, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

W2D did you mean PP?

Hmmm

whining in my part of the world is something completely different. Refers to the circular rotation of the hips, usually thrust again someone else. So yes i love to whine.

On another note just came from dinner and had a bottle of Shiraz each

Jul 27, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

atp-
no way i'd want to "whine" with this whiner - even if the mrs. did approve of this one.

Jul 27, 07 12:15 am  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

so whining = 'grinding'?

Jul 27, 07 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: