Archinect
anchor

all nighter

sloring

Never thought I'd be out of school and pulling an all nighter on a friday night...damn competitions

Jul 21, 07 5:32 am
mfrech

well it must be over by now, right? my favorite part of allnighters was/is the next time you get to slip into a mini-coma, then waking up 16 hours later not knowing what day/year/century you're in...good luck and enjoy!

Jul 21, 07 9:36 am  · 
 · 

mfrech you also forgot the first time you taste food after pulling an all nighter and you can taste all the flavours as if its the first time you've ever eaten - so nice

Jul 21, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Just wait till you have to do it for work and it's not even a competition.

Also I can't do the marathon sleeps afterword now, I think I'm too old :( :(

Jul 21, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
sloring

yeah, I only got about 6 hours of sleep. strange thing is, i didn't really feel all that tired when I went to bed.

myriam, I know that day will happen, I can't even imagine sitting there at 4am trying to read through a stack of specs!!!

Jul 21, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
jaja

Since we switch over to BIM, I haven't done an all nighter since. What a relief.

Jul 22, 07 6:23 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Yeah, try sitting there at 4am trying to get everything correctly annotated for your permit set submission to the city. ;) It's really hard to get proper archi-annotation-speak up and running in the middle of the night... "Upgrade existing electrical service as necessary to blah blah blah blah..."

Jul 22, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

Try sleeping in the office for three nights a week and working on weekends too.

Ah, the joys of architorture

Aug 2, 07 1:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: