Archinect
anchor

Chicago

Jayness

I would appreciate opinions on the best sustainable practices in Chicago

Jun 27, 07 10:05 am
le bossman

is that a demand or a request? what about the magic word?

Jun 27, 07 10:10 am  · 
 · 
postal

anything more specific?

have you looked at all the things about the chicago center of green technology?

are you looking specifically for homes?

starting point

Jun 27, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Chicagoland is all about sustainability. Just look at the land use practices in the collar counties, and the region's well-maintained public transit system.

(Yes, it's Sarcastic Wednesday.)

Jun 27, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
postal

...hmmm perhaps that won't work... search for the chicago center for green technology, then click on the resources link... there's a document that was put together a while ago..."Best Practices for Green Building in Chicago"

Jun 27, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I dont remember the name - but they were one of the early green firms before green was cool - they are the firm in the building at Damen and the Kenedy with slanted wood top - looks like a trellis

Jun 27, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
BigAaron
try this
Jun 27, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

sweet site - dint even know half those existed

Jun 27, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jayness

A request not a demand. Thanks for the help.

Jun 27, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
postal

i think you scared him away le bossman

Jun 27, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

90 billion dollars in global liquidity flow through the trades at the Merc - more than the NYSE and London stock exchange combined. it and the Chicago Board of Trade are some of the coolest things to see in the city - as for green architecture, the original foundation of both exchanges is agricultural commodities - in order to stave off agricultural shocks that can throw nations' economies into depression the traders even out the ebbs and flows like shock absorbers to market fluctuations that could wreck an economy in weeks. So in a way, they keep farmers from abondoning their crops in bad markets leading to unplanted raw fields eroded by wind and rain. I know - thats a stretch - off topic totally thanks LL

Jun 27, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

if you are looking for a more"sustainable" involvement in the green community, try chicago green drinks.

Jun 27, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

have you been listening to orion samuelson again ep?

Jun 27, 07 10:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: