Archinect
anchor

Barbados House

Arzo

Anyone ever designed a house on Barbados? Do they have any licensing requirements, codes or zoning down there or is it just strictly just all about the hurricanes?

Hook a brotha up.

Jun 26, 07 9:52 pm

I'm sure you mean in barbados, and yes I have. I'm a consultant for a practice there.

The do have have codes and zoning laws (health & safetly, right of way, similar laws in the US/UK, as well as stuff regarding hurricanes. If you email me I can forward you to a good source that can assist. Just as long as you aren't going to build a tropical mcmansion there. Or a faux great house - tired of that crap.

but uh yea, holla

Jun 26, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

architechnophilia.....also no "FAT HOUSES" their not allowed in the Islands.

Jun 26, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

Oh god yes...

Jun 26, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

Barbados is very different to other Caribbean Islands, Its more developed and Architecture is appreciated a bit more.(though like places like San Fran, only "historic" colonial stuff)

I visited the Island a few years ago. There are a few mid century modern and Brutalisit buildings like the Airport and a schools, however I think these structures turned ppl off from modernism, all the new construction I saw was what Architectnophilia said.....Tropical McMansion BS!!!

So none of that please.

Jun 27, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

^ You get a job yet?

Jun 27, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

there is no other preexisting requirement other than pink stucco...

Jun 27, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

omg pink....

well I'll still hope in faith

Jun 27, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: