Archinect
anchor

Elevator with Doors @ Front & Side?

Needlebeam

Does anybody know if there is such a thing made as a commercial elevator that has doors that open at front and side (in other words on two sides that share a corner)?
I know there are some that open front and back (opposite sides) but I can't seem to find any specs for a front and side version, except in residential elevators.

Jun 15, 07 3:19 pm
kwarch

i think this is a custom configuration most major elevator manufacturers are capable of.
looked into it for a project a few years ago but found it cost-prohibitive for that client

contact your Thyssen-krupp, Shindler, Dover, Otis, etc arch rep.

Jun 15, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I don't know what the elevator company was here, but on these drawings we got from a developer who was going to renovate a project that fell through, there is an elevator with doors on the front and side. Unless the project fell through because such an elevator doesn't exist, I think there must be a way to do it.

Jun 15, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

Yes. Not common but not rare either.

As "kwarch" suggested, contact a rep.

Jun 15, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
binary

elevator

elevator up

elevator

elevator down

up and and

up and and

down.....

elevator

Jun 16, 07 2:33 am  · 
 · 
montu

yes.
corner post can do it but the elevator gets huge and heavy.

Jun 16, 07 8:09 am  · 
 · 
dboysen1

Yes, my son just posted a video featuring a cross-corner doors elevator on his YouTube channel. 

Nov 2, 22 1:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: