Archinect
anchor

is any firm going to have interns for 1 month or 1 and a half?

basilisk

because i wan go intern this december holiday, actually i didnt planned to, but my school finished at mid of november, so plenty days.

i just wonder whether any firm will really have a student interning for this short?

are they or are they not?

Oct 16, 12 3:21 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

what do you hope to accomplish?

Oct 16, 12 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Keep in mind that if you're looking to get IDP hours out of it ...

From NCARB's IDP Guidelines (April 2012), page 9, "To earn experience in setting A, O, and “Design and Construction Related Employment” in experience setting S, you must be employed at least 15 hours per week for a minimum period of eight consecutive weeks."

Oct 16, 12 9:03 pm  · 
 · 

Not that that's the only reason to intern, just sayin'

Oct 16, 12 9:04 pm  · 
 · 

i'm sure there's positions out there (we have one for a 4 month stint about to launch); the question will be: how do i connect with people to find them...

Oct 16, 12 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

^ Greg.. find out which uni programs have co-op/internship as part of their curriculum and contact the co-op/internship officer.  He/She is the one who visits firms getting job offers etc.  My uni (university of Waterloo) has a system in place whereby employers can post their available jobs for students on a decidated site, where students can submit their portfolio, have their transcripts made available, interviews setup, participating students ranked based on interview/portfolio outcome and offered the job by employers etc.  I'm sure schools with similar programs are run this way..

https://uwaterloo.ca/jobmine/

Oct 17, 12 5:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: