Archinect
anchor

L.A. Commercial Shell Bldg Fees

Geoffgc

I searched back a couple years of threads, but couldnt find a specific enough answer.

Our small office is taking on a developer's project of a ground up 25,000 s.f. shell building + 2 levels underground parking intended for light medical use and a little retail. Finish materials medium-high cost.

We normally bill our high-end residential and small commercial projects by s.f. A friend at another larger office said they use ~6-7% of construction costs for larger commercial projects.

Any suggestions on percentage of const. cost or cost per s.f. for this size/type of bldg in Los Angeles?

OR, any links or ideas of where to look for surveys or references on this matter? I did call the AIA already, and they were just plain confused. I did see a $400 survey book you can buy also from Zweig White, but that seems like too much $$ and info for us.

Thanks!

May 29, 07 2:45 pm
strlt_typ
"or cost per s.f. for this size/type of bldg in Los Angeles?"

you can try calling LADBS and speak to a plan checker

May 29, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: