Archinect
anchor

Chicago Hotels

evilplatypus

hey that heart o Chicago motel gots good reviews. Says the CTA bus stops at hotel, goes directly to redline Bryn Mawr stop. Might not be too bad.
link

and if your there on a Thursday I go drinking with another member of this board up by there at Hamilton's Tavern by Loyola

Oct 30, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Paul - You going to Green Build too?

Oct 30, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

i might, but not sure if i can get out of town at that time. any archinectors here planning on going?

Oct 30, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

We are concidering a couple 1/2 day passes at our office. Basically if theres something somebodies interested in, we could go for that 1/2 day. Im actually much more interested in drinking with other Archinectors.

Oct 30, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

paul- all the greenbuild attendees are gathering here. There are plans for a get together Wednesday evening after Cameron's keynote.

Hotwire's best price closer to the convention center is $259/night for next week - can archinect help pay for the coverage I'm going to provide?

Oct 30, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

The Heart of Chicago Motel is not too shabby--your basic Motel 6 type, a little shady in the bed linens area and comes with ingrained funk-'o-the-70s-cigarette-smoke-smell, but otherwise, not too shabby. It is in walking/busing distance from the Bryn Mawr stop, but bewarned the Bryn Mawr stop is about 45 minutes from the loop on a good day.

If you're not totally poor and you only have a few days to spend in Chicago, it would honestly be worth springing the hundo extra to stay nearer the loop.

I'd love to get a drink with the 'nectors in town.

Oct 30, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the loop is a bore! you don't wanna stay down there.

Oct 30, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

as one of the reviewer's of the H O' C on travelocity said, 'the less you spend on the hotel is more you get to spend on shopping.' So it comes down to would I rather drink that $120 or sleep on it?

Vado, I know why you avoid the loop. Last time i visited the windy city, the sidewalks were rolled up at 6pm.... Now the real action was down by DuPaul university - there was a bar with oyster shooters from the balcony... that was a night!

Oct 30, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: