Archinect
anchor

Career Paths for a Archy major??

outthere

I keep hereing alot of people including my past professors say that theres alot of different things you can do with an architecture degree but ive never actually heard or inquired as to what those different career paths could be

Anyone have any expereience as to what else there is out there for a recent grad like myself?

May 20, 07 11:41 am
many

choices

May 20, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i dint see barista on your list techno...

May 20, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

There is also the forensic side of architecture as well (Not the CSI type of forensic) where you can be pulled in after a disaster/collapse/failure of building envelope, etc. Also as an expert witness for some sort of legal action. Although, I recommend staying away from the latter until you are much older and knowledgeable if you don't want to metaphorically burn bridges left and right. You can also be a lawyer to protect us poor architects with much liability and little compensation to support that kind of liability.

May 20, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

what, and give up all of this ?

May 20, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

vado I think barrista is more of a stronger calling than profession, more like a vocation

May 20, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: