Archinect
anchor

Autocad ISO standards

joshdk

I've recently started studying to be a constructing architect here in Denmark, and have been learning Autocad and ways of setting up my drawings on layers ...etc. I've been given a plug-in which gives me the Danish ISO CAD standards (or whatever they're called in english-speaking lands). But, as i'm doing an international education, I'd like to know what standards should really be used in other parts of the world. Its so I can get into good habits early...

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and digested with the uttermost enthusiasm. What would be really great is if i could get a copy of the ISO standard layers to put into my version of autocad, and also for the rest of my international class that really struggle with the standards being in danish...

Thanks in advance,

Josh

May 18, 07 6:00 am
b3tadine[sutures]

the new standard is same as the old standard; there are no real standards that govern all practices. each firm tends to modify some iteration of the AIA format. use the one you have then make it work for your particular outfit.

May 18, 07 8:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: