Archinect
anchor

Willbruder Studio

Han

I'm planning to go to willbruder architects in Arizona for my internship, does anybody know this firm? is it good?

May 14, 07 1:39 am
Han
www.willbruder.com
May 14, 07 1:40 am  · 
 · 
moratto

You go to a firm where you know nothing about their work? Good? Lets just say that the man's shit does not stink. I would be stoked to have had an internship there.

May 14, 07 2:55 am  · 
 · 
switters

are they planning to have you as an intern? i'd be surprised if they would hire someone who doesn't know their work.

May 14, 07 7:11 am  · 
 · 
snooker

wow....SOUNDS LIKE A WET DREAM!

May 14, 07 7:23 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

They are a really cool office. Will is leaving soon, if not gone already. And, yes, I would be pumped into intern there.

May 14, 07 9:02 am  · 
 · 
mdler

they suck..all their buildings are rusting

May 14, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

Maybe the original poster was asking more about the office culture and such, and whether they were good to work for? Maybe I'm asking too much, but I assumed that Bruder was pretty much ubiquitous knowledge by now, at least in the states. Or maybe Han isn't from the states?

Han: pack your sunblock.

May 14, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

what do you mean will is leaving? will is the studio.

May 14, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I heard he's planning to retire and a couple of other partners are preparing to buy him out with stipulations of using his name on the firm for a period of time after he leaves. Again, just what i've heard.

May 14, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

well, i dunno. i wouldn't claim to know the inner workings of their firm, but i certainly haven't heard that. seems like i would've. huh.

May 14, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
jjlee

Bruder is a real asshole. tell him i said fuck you ...I'd appreciate it.

May 14, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

jjlee....now that is one strong statement.....is there more to it?

May 14, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
jjlee

i had him for a studio and he ruined everyones lives and ended up getting fired and now no longer accepts students from asu

May 14, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
outed

wow. do tell - how did he screw up everyone's lives? that's kind of hard to do in studio (you can just say no at some point).

May 14, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
jjlee

he would constantly scream at everyone about how they where morons because they wouldn't do exactly what he told them to do. girls cried regularly. he would break models on purpose, sometime for a good reason, and some times just because he felt like it. it was the worst period of my life to date. love his work though.

May 14, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

and i thought he was only a cocky mofo!

professors like that can produce great architects. the only professor i respected was a complete ass to everyone. he was never afraid to gloss anything over or tried to impress students with banalities.

a lot of schools prevent profs from modifying a student's models. it's a shame, it's probably one of the better ways to learn without actually building.

May 14, 07 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
BlueSteel

jjlee,

I am really curious about this... Around when did this all happen? I went to ASU and the question of why Bruder didn't teach there often came up with no good answer. I never heard that story.

May 15, 07 10:06 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i had bruder for crits when i was at asu and he was great. there have been a lot of students from asu who went to work for bruder. i know some of bruder's early studios were disasters, but this guy is full of shit.

May 15, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
archMONSTER

His office is real nice on the outside. I had a job interview right across the street from his office as draftman in a broken down bungalow, not only was I depressed about that, I didnt even get the job!

Jun 1, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Han

Thanks guys. I'm working in Will's studio right now.`it's a amazing place, people here are very nice, and the projects we're working on is very interesting. I' do like some works Will did before, such as Loloma 5, Bryne Residence and etc...

Jun 1, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

Han, how difficult is it to get a summer internship at Will Bruder's Studio? do many students apply?

Jun 1, 07 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: