Archinect
anchor

Wind-powered Robot

dlb

this is very interesting

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/350/

May 10, 07 12:16 am
quixotica

I'm blown away. (Pardon the pun) but these things are some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

May 10, 07 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Mark Anthony
quixotica

you need to look in the mirror more often. I totally disagree and think that you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Could you imagine sitting on a beach and seeing this thing walking toward you? I'd probably crap my pants.

May 10, 07 11:25 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

how delightfully victorian!

May 10, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 

made my day.

seriously. beautiful.

May 10, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Here is another wind man....The Architect Wind Man.

http://www.timprentice.com/index_framev2.html

May 10, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Mark Anthony

I sort of like Prentice better.

May 10, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Wow reminds me of www.sodaplay.com from years ago.

May 10, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

seems tim prentice has more range and is obviously more on the 'artist' side of the artist/inventor equation.

jansen's in a different place, in my mind. his contraptions are beautiful, stunning, on their own terms. but also, despite their convoluted and baroque designs, they can allow a viewer to think toward a possible future for windpowered locomotion. so i like it as both art AND invention.

May 11, 07 7:34 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Obviously they are completely different but i have to say I'm more of a fan of Jensen's work. I think maybe his inventions touch off some of my sci-fi geek senseabilities or just that i always thought I would be making stuff that cool when I got older. I haven't looked through all of prentice's work, but it just doesn't touch a nerve in me the way Jensen's does.

Not that Prentice's isn't also very beautiful.

May 11, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

If this thing was coming at me on the beach I would run screaming in the other direction. Later, from a safe distance, I would also think it was pretty neat.

May 11, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

But what about this one?

May 11, 07 11:04 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Namby, is it wind powered?

May 11, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I never ment this to be a better than kind of post. I'm fascinated with the work of both individuals. I have met Tim Prentice on a couple occasions and trained as an Architect I find him to be a most interesting guy. I love it when I see a mind at work when your just carrying on a conversation with Someone.

May 11, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: