Archinect
anchor

korean bboy in town

aspect

went to their performance last nite... i think is quite amazing to see power, flexibility, rythum all in one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 22, 07 9:08 am
aspect

also, here is the utube link to their battle with the US team earlier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ivZIfUPBs&mode=related&search=

Apr 22, 07 9:11 am  · 
 · 
Mirin

i prefer this guy

david elsewhere

Apr 22, 07 9:23 am  · 
 · 
binary

wtf..... i myself is heavily involved with the bboy/poppin'/lockin scene in detroit.....

if you are all interested... search you tube...

style2ouf.com is a good site

got my dance on' last night to some 80's funk/house electro...friggin sore now...haha

b

Apr 22, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the koreans won...i watched all parts of aspect's link and there were a couple of guys from the u.s. crew that weren't too acrobatic but were more in tune with the lyrical changes when shuffling/top rockin...ie. black sheep's the choice is yours...

didn't see too many variations on the headspins, which we're hot during mid 90s...i remember combos that went on and on from windmills to headspins to 1990 back to headspins and then back to windmills and then maybe to a flair...i'm liking the air tracks/1990 combos and the cantilevered slow rotating pauses. good shit

Apr 22, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
binary

looks like dammson and cryzko need to judge the next event....

late 90's was the time for the power moves..... alot of cats now are trying to house dance with it...which makes no sense since house dancin' is a whole nother story...

alot of the asian countries take the hip hop dance culture and treat it as a martial arts...train each day....... view some of the lockin shyt... crazy and on point with the foundations of greg cambellock/don/shabba/etc.....

then search for boogaloo shrimp

flattop

taco

b

Apr 22, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i've seen boogaloo shrimp live!...went to this event in l.a. called the radiotron in the late 90's...and boogaloo shrimp made an appearance and checking out the scene at the sidelines...the dj had to eventually provoke him to take center ring by playing "tour de france"...as soon as the the beat dropped (with the beathing!)...everyone looked at him...everybody in the room was hyping him up to start pop lockin'...damn, and when he finally went in, shit, i almost cried ;)...

Apr 22, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i think is great to see diversity when korean start picking up and mixing with Taekwondo and other form of martial arts... i also see some of the posture are from yoga... or probably the origin of break dancing balancing posture are from yoga.

Apr 22, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the title of this thread throws me off once in a while...i keep thinking korean bbq...

Apr 22, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Apr 22, 07 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
binary

shrimp is crazy.... ... i was in cali a few years ago for bboy summit and freestyle..... then went to rsc anniversary in nyc in 99...... i've seen some footage of radiotron..... flattops footage is sick also...flattop is from detroit...yessir......

i'm plannin on shooting out to cali for bboy summit this year......

the detroit electronic music fest in detroit is the memorial day weekend www.demf.com alot of dope dj's and all the dancers from midwest showup.....

b

Apr 22, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

u guys are very fortunate... since i came to hongkong, the previous related event was 2 years ago, ice T performance in a club.

Apr 23, 07 1:00 am  · 
 · 
binary
www.mrwiggles.biz

peep the site...most of the poppers hang there.... or bboyworld.com

i bet you'll find some dancers in hongkong....

b

Apr 23, 07 1:15 am  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

mmm...되지 불고기? i think korean food looks unappetizing and the restuarant descriptions make it sound so weird. and while i think it's really delicious, i feel like a lot of the tastes are kind of acquired ones, so i'm always surprised to see non-koreans enjoying it.

Apr 23, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
aspect

thx cryzko for the information... however, in hk, ppl are learning it part-time since there is no market here unlike japan or korea....

i like the looks of korean food, mainly beef looks like beef, pork looks like pork without decoration... i know i'm juz being modernist in this regards.

Apr 23, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
just go on and sweep knucklehead!

i was trying to search for a pic of the bbq on the grill or on a sizzling plate with the thin slices of meat on a bed of cabbage...

Apr 23, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

i thought this was funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKHuq-IxjM

it looks like a paradoy of the movie JSA

Apr 26, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
binary

planet bboy is a movie/documentary that will showcase alot of the talent in the dance/hip hop/poppin/lockin/bboy world......

it's still underground but as you can see the media is trying to create water down "hip hop" movies and shyt... like..you got served/etc

there's alot of dance events around the world that support these styles of dance....

b

aka cryzko...that's my b-boy/poppin name bty

Apr 26, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i remember seeing the turbo and broom clip back in highschool, was it a movie with sheila E?? i also remember going back home and trying out with a broom, but i dun have a janitor's broom so it doesn't stand...haha... thx bring back alot of memories...

i also saw the planet bboy clip at some MTV events...

cool...

Apr 26, 07 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
binary

breakin 1 had turbo and the broom scene...song was tour de france from kraftwerk.....

the sheila e movie was krush groove

other old school movies
wild style
breakin 2
breakin and enter
freshest kids
beat street

cryzko

Apr 26, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

cryzko,

did you see rock steady crew last night on dancing with the stars? crazy legs was there!...i was loving the routines. routines seem to be rare these days.

Nov 7, 07 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
binary

wigz killed it with that robotic shyt....... suga pop did some locking

it was a dope tv performance......

good to see the og's rocking it tooo....

cryzko
bboy/popper/locker/house head

Nov 7, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the robotic was sickness! who was the b-girl?

Nov 7, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
binary

not sure......

the rock steady crew is big...they have chapters around the world now..... just like zulu nation/kings.....

i have a few friends in the rsc...you have to battle to get in......

b

Nov 7, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
binary

from mr.wiggles website

quote from mr.wiggles

"haha
i felt old next to them 18 years olds

thanx for the props

we (RSC) put it together quick for the show
ima upload the version with our original music (JB, and Aretha version)
we had fun doin it

we hope to get a spot for the EB's next time and focus more on POPPIN, but Legs really wanted to feature the young RSC on this one..

peace and G Bless

ps:
crew name list by order of the battle sequence:
FEVER and ERVING
DESOMND
JEROMESKI
VENOM
YNOT
(erving again and fever did the headspins)
and the girl was BONITA"

wigz

Nov 8, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: