Archinect
anchor

Dwell competition to exploit young designers for free work

bp3

I am not letting Dwell off the hook this easily. While the issue is generally about money, the real issue is the fact that Dwell clearly has no respect for the community off of which it feeds and thrives. I was incredibly disappointed to go page by page through the recent issue expecting to find some kind of dignified letter, carefully but sincerely apologizing for what should have been called 'an oversight'. But I agree with the comments above - not addressing this head-on was both a missed PR opportunity and yet another slap in the face to an already undervalued community.

Has this been picked up by any others in the media? Has Metropolis commented on it, the way the New York Post loves to deride the mishaps at the Daily News and vice versa?

I think the next step is to send a letter to the New York Times. I'll do this over the weekend and post it here, along with whatever response I might get.

keep it up! And thanks, Archinect, for going to bat for us all.

May 26, 07 7:15 am  · 
 · 

i and others think you are right on this bp3. there should be more discussion about this issue and i hope that people will raise these issues at the dwell design conference in september

Jul 18, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
futureboy

maybe Geoff can do some insider reporting for us.......

Jul 18, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I was wondering...If dwell will toss a big party and serve, "Veggie Bootie?" I will be all over that party long as they also serve Green Tea and give out packages of Toothpaste......cause it is so cool to be cool...or is that so hip to be hip....rambling ....rambling....

Best of luck to the DwEllerS!

Jul 18, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Maybe Dwell can apologize to the design community (i.e. archinect community) by giving us each our own Barcelona chair.

Jul 18, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dwell sucks

Jul 25, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

yep...speaking of spread...

Jul 25, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

mdler.....they pay yo for the 88 spread?

Jul 25, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

nope

Jul 25, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: