Archinect
anchor

Me again, need ur advise

sheri25

Two questions

Should I buy a mac or pc? Im an interior designer.

where can i buy, or is it possible to get cad without having to pay so much?

I STILL haven't learned CAD yet, so im going to get a laptop and try to learn, I even bought CAD for dummies.

Apr 12, 07 3:02 am
Nevermore
Apr 12, 07 3:31 am  · 
 · 

pc or mac: which software do you want to learn? otherwise it's purely personal preference.

if you don't need a professional version of the software you want, you might be able to wrangle a student version for less $$$. i think i remember that you're a student, right? ask the i.t. person at your school. there are deals > probably even for computer+software.

Apr 12, 07 7:29 am  · 
 · 
med.

I would go wth a PC. Even though my grad school supervisor swears by the mac, I just think PC are much more compatible with everything. The only qualm I have is they are more susceptible to viruses and spyware/adware.

Apr 12, 07 8:44 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

if you are a student and have a student email (.edu)

you can get a free 14 month student license...of AutoCAD
and other autodesk products.....(thats what I have done)

http://students2.autodesk.com/

Apr 12, 07 8:50 am  · 
 · 
med.

Yeah, you can get VIZ, Revit, and CAD from Autodesk's site if you are a student.

Apr 12, 07 8:52 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

since the new generations of Mac went to and Intel platform, they basically are a pc... just with a bit more aesthetic love.

...and you can install and run ANY PC application on the current generations of MacPro's, MacBookPro's, etc.

Apr 12, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: