Archinect
anchor

any architect (student, firm runner, employee ...) leave their comments

arshiateqts

Tell if you like to have a program or app like described below or not?

Here it is:
"you feed the program with the:

-) program chart (functions and areas)
-)  digital map of your project site

what you get is:

-)different brief proposals for your project, in drawings, computer models, and raw renders.

Do you like to have such a software (personally or in your firm) ? "

Aug 17, 12 11:20 am
lineman

Yeah, its called a designer......

Aug 17, 12 11:34 am  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

Would I like software that puts even more architects out of work?

Aug 17, 12 11:51 am  · 
 · 
design

I would rather mess with this process myself, than buy a program that cheapens the process.
Don't be fooled, we aren't afraid to mess with programming.

Also what do you mean by "different brief proposals for your project"

Aug 17, 12 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

There is some talk in certain academia circles about such apps/programs (usually more computational design than architectural design). Not much in the way of actual working apps/programs (computers at the time couldn't handle very complex building programs). I don't feel that any type of app would put designers out of a job anytime soon, especially if they are just looking at program and space layout planning. Heck, anyone with a napkin and a pen can figure out some initial layouts for a building. The design will still come from a designer.

Aug 19, 12 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

That is half true, if you look at hospitals and jails, the architect no longer designs these except for some of the communal spaces and the skin, the rest (in larger developments mind you) has been streamlines to prefab units that can be made off site as repetive modules and installed, and the next typology that runs the risk of being taken from is educational.

Aug 20, 12 12:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: