vado retro

tried to make it work. no way jose.

Apr 1, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

vado.

am I doing something fundamentally wrong here with the image code

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Austin_Mini_Moke_1967.JPG

that is the address from whence I was sourcing the mage. This frustrates me as I know it is something simply dumb that I am screwing up. GRRR

Apr 1, 07 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

oh the image may be just too big

Apr 1, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Apr 1, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

gotta get some photos of my baby......

Apr 1, 07 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

a mini moat

sweet its the ultimate in casual living...there are a bunch of them in the BWI under piles of ash and or sand dunes

is your an air cooled engine?

Apr 1, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

oh a rainy day in Tasmania, my moke does become a bit of moat.
Nah, dont believe so... hey but I dont need airconditioning in summer....

Apr 1, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 

that's a sexy ride...I've heard of stories of those troppo guys running their on bananas (banana's left to cook in the heat until reduced to oil)

but at $10 for gas I'm sure you really don't need to be making much more savings do you?

Apr 2, 07 12:33 am  · 
 · 
alicat

oh when i was young lassie and in first year ye the olde worlde year of 1995 $13AUD would fill it up and thate woulde last me two monthes....and with the banana problems just being recitfied after ye old cyclone up in queensland, petrol is a tad cheaper at the moment.:)

Banana oil...is that similar to the treated takeway fat oil/sugarcane/ bio diesel thing??? and where is BWI?

important fact. do not drive to school with model in back. model take off.....model on highway.....model becomes form model.....also t

Apr 2, 07 1:20 am  · 
 · 

alicat yea - the banana oil was a low tech version of what is being now with other materials...basically its grown and turned into "diesel"

BWI - british west indies is in the Caribbean; represents the Anglo-phonic islands/countries versus say French or Dutch West Indies (FWI or DWI)

Apr 2, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 

models & convertibles doesn't work
models & flying coach doesn't
models & bitter ex doesn't work
models & toddlers doesn't work either
models & hurricanes, tornados, cyclones or another bloody natural diaster

those are important facts

Apr 2, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 

this is what i was curious about - does anyone know what it is?

Apr 2, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

hmm yes, i agree... anyone have one of these or the 2006 version which I can get used?

Apr 2, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

its a citroen

Apr 2, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

cheers vado

Apr 2, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

its a time machine.

transports you instantly back into an old french film.

Apr 2, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

That's a Citreon DS to be precise. Beautiful, beautiful car. Until you park it beside the kerb and the air suspension goes down and leaves you stranded.

BTW, regarding the environmental friendliness of biofeuls.

Apr 2, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Oh, buzz off.

Apr 2, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
binary

michael215 better be wearing a vest......

Apr 2, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

Paul we need your help

Apr 2, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

WTF? Anyway, that old Citroen reminded me how much i want a C6 yet can't have one because the chances of them being sold in the U.S. is nil.

Apr 3, 07 12:40 am  · 
 · 
Katze

tzenyujuei,

I test drove the Civic, Prius, Fit & Yaris (all 2007 models) this past weekend. Here is my biased opinion:

I ruled out the Versa (did not like the style – personal preference), Matrix (so so on gas mileage) and Corolla (found out the Corollas (at least at my location (Portland, OR) are using American parts and are assembled in the U.S.- you can read between the lines and interpret it as you see fit…) I am sure I will get shit from someone about saying this, but to each his own…

Civic LX: MSRP: $17K
Pros: good solid car, good acceleration, nice looks, not bad price, good gas mileage
Cons: Found out the Civics (at least at my location (Portland, OR) are using many American parts and are assembled in the U.S.

Toyota Prius: MSRP: $22K (for the option 2 package)
Pros: What an awesome car. Heads down, my favorite. It has a wicked cool central instrument display with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, shift-lever indicator and odometer with twin tripmeters and warning lights, and a camera to see behind you:) It also has the highest emissions ratings and a green rating = 86.
Cons: Didn't surface any with the test drive, but comments from other owners include small annoyances like "I hate the backup beeping sound" or "battery goes dead if you accidentally leave the car on" – I hear that it can easily happen:) The only thing I would have to say is that the configuration is a bit different from other cars and it takes a bit to get use to – (e.g. electronic push button start ignition, shifting mechanism on dash, etc).

Honda Fit: MSRP: $16.5K (in demand – may require special order)
Pros: fun to drive, good gas mileage, sporty, good handling, good price, lots of cargo space. Regardless of the cons, I consider this my second option after the Prius.
Cons: Sporty suspension produces slight rough ride; needs bigger gas tank; acceleration slightly choppy.

Toyota Yaris: MSRP: $15K for the S, which is really the better option
Pros: Pricing, good gas mileage, not a bad car overall for the price, but not my favorite. If you go with the bottom of the line, specs / options suck!
Cons: Tin can in the wind mentality; par handling; clunky noises inside the car; and I understand it is hard to handle in windy/wet conditions.

Overall, I would recommend doing a car comparison and weighing out your options. For me, the bottom line will probably come down to financing. I truly thought the Yaris or the Fit would be the best option for me, but I might be able to upgrade to the Prius for a little bit more money based on special national financing options. None of the cars I mentioned above (except for Prius) is offering special financing, which means that I will have to get my own car loan, which is currently running around 6.5% on the average. I can get a 0% APR for the Prius for 24 months and a 2.9% APR for the remaining loan, which means I can get into an awesome car for not much more – the Prius is winning hands down on many levels…green, $, specs:) Go test drive one!

Yes, there are other cars I might prefer like an Audi or a Porsche, but they are expensive to maintain… and I love Saabs (had three in my lifetime) but unless you want to foster another child I would stay away:)

Apr 3, 07 12:49 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

The Prius looks like what would happen if you dumped a dolphin on the tarmac.

Apr 3, 07 12:54 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Katze, what's your beef with american made parts? Those parts are engineered all over the world by massive corporations that oversee quality down to the micrometer. I don't think you should write off some cool rides (like the civic) just because some of its bits where manufactured in the U.S. To each there own though, i know my sister hasn't bought american since the 80's.

Apr 3, 07 1:01 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Hey Apurimac - I feel like I am opening up a big can of worms here but its not so much the making of the parts that bothers me so much as the "assembly" of the car. American workers do not have the commitment to quality as the Japenese workers do – that's only my opinion.

agfa8x – your comment cracks me up. I can't really say that I liked the looks of the Prius when it first came out. It kind of grew on me over the years, and when I got into the interior it has that "you gotta love me just because" feeling.

Apr 3, 07 1:20 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Shame on me for misspelling "Japanese". :)

Apr 3, 07 1:22 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Did you see that link about the prius on the previous page, Katze? Turns out its not so environmentally friendly as you might think.

Apr 3, 07 1:24 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

hmm... well seeing as how alot of the car is manufactured by robots these days. I dunno, some people just have beef with American craft, and I'll agree it aint what it used to be. You used to be able to by a Ford F-series truck that could withstand a nuclear holocaust now the toughest truck on the planet is apparently the toyota hilux.

Apr 3, 07 1:26 am  · 
 · 
Katze

you mean specifically pertaining to the battery? I have a call in to a friend of mine that knows a lot about this...regarless, could you post the link?

Apr 3, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)
here.
Apr 3, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Katze

thank for the link agfa8x - another peice of info I'll digest before making my final decision...

Apr 3, 07 1:38 am  · 
 · 
Hole in the wa ll

A bicycle. Waaay cooler, affordable, customizable, keeps your ass firm.

Bonuses include super low emissions and you never need to worry about the cost of fuel, although your grocery bill may increase slightly. And you'll look great naked.

At least that's what the smart grad would do.

Apr 3, 07 3:20 am  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

i already got myself a 1992 trek 8000 :) hard to drive the gf around on that though

Apr 3, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 

you know the year of your bicycle - incredible!

Apr 3, 07 9:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: