Archinect
anchor

UPenn Waiting List? 2007 M.Arch

designbydesign

I'm a 2007 UPenn 3 year M.Arch waitlister. I am wondering if you are a
2007 UPenn M.Arch waitlister.

What the hell is this damn wait list bullshit? We wait and wait... day after day, week after week.... God damn... Now, this waiting is getting really fun. Even put "nigger" on the wait list.

How big is this list? 50 people? I probably won't hear from them back until the end of April huh? Any thoughts? Any wait list stories to share?

Mar 23, 07 5:21 am
designbydesign

nobody?

Mar 23, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

i'm just confused about your n-word comment.

Mar 23, 07 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
aseid

word, whats up with that......

Mar 23, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

uhhhh.........what?

Mar 23, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Say No to Student Loans

?

Mar 26, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 

what the hell is your problem dbd??? almost every post that i've seen from you is profanity laced and angry... now i have no problem dropping an f-bomb now and then, but just chill...

besides based on your comments on another thread you wouldn't seem to be considering UPenn an option anyways... or are you just trying to get people to turn down their admission to UPenn so that you might get in off the waitlist?

Mar 26, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

you need to read dude... read. OK?

i said: I don't have money to attend school on other thread. It doesn't matter who is going to take me. I won't be able to go.

I think you should chill... alright baby boy.

Mar 26, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
med.

You can definately get assistantships in school to help with living expenses and federal loans for tuition.

Mar 26, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

thank you Archmed.

yeah, that's one way to do it. but still...... it's going to be tough to move anywhere with $1322.58 in the checking account.

my parents are jokers. they never paid for anything. i spent my senior year not in a dorm room or an apartment... but my 1995 subaru wagon and friends' place etc. shower at the school gym... kill time in the library or studio. It was tough. Yes, I was a homeless college student.

now you are talking about $30,000 or even $40,000 for school? you can do the math for me. It's too crazy.

Mar 26, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Look, designbydesign, if this money thing is a huge issue (which apparently it is), there are dozens of public schools that have excellent architecture programs that can definately rival the ivies.

UVA, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Texas, Texas A&M, UC Berkely, Michigan, OSU, Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Illinois, and many others are excellent and highly competitive programs. The best thing is that if you establish residency, you can pay their instate tuition and it would make for a very affordable grad experience.

Oh and if it's any consolation, I have way less in my checking account.

All of us have to suffer living next to poverty level in school. It isn't just you.

Mar 26, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

Indeed. I made it throw college by living in my car... studio... library etc etc. Yeah. I can take care of this graduate school thing. Like i said before, it's going to be very tough. You know it if you have less checking than me.

At one point of my college life, i have to eat at Taco Bell everyday, because they have the 69 cent taco. That was all i could afford. When i go to library, i see people with laptop computers, ipod.... Do you know how i feel? All I have was my 1995 subaru and a 512MB flash drive.

Maybe I can find a sugar mama before graduate school. She can pay for everything...

Mar 26, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Someone please just whip out the violin for designbydesign.

Mar 26, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

u know what designbydesign. one of my best college buddies lived in his truck for two years. he stayed at my place a lot. Dude, his life was tough. I feel you. Best luck.

Mar 26, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
n_

please refrain from using the n word. most people find that word highly offensive.

Mar 26, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Yeah. I go to an Ivy and haven't earned a living wage in 3 years. It's all loans. That's what we all do unless you have parents paying for it. That's normal.

Mar 26, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
honorthebrick

designbydesign...I attended a state school for undergrad, worked full-time the entire time and paid my way through. At one point I was working two jobs, seven days a week. My grades suffered and it took me a little longer to finish but I was able to do it.

I don't know exactly what your situation is, but I do know there are alternatives, such as loans and scholarships. Believe me, I have looked. I also had to take out some loans to make ends meet.

I am now in my second year of grad school and unfortunately the program really does not allow time for me to work 40+ hours. I do however work at an ofifce once a week and two work study jobs until the federal money runs out.

Mar 26, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

and now at 03/26/07 12:04 money seems to be a problem suddenly.

Sep 14, 08 5:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: