Archinect
anchor

CV PART I - what do you think?

Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

The university career's service insist that the CV should be 2 pages. I have heard architects saying "1 page only for Part I".

Would you favour a designed CV or a rather neat one (black type on white font)? Some people say that they prefer to see designed CVs, while others say that it is a waste of time since they are only interested in the content.

Shall I include tease images of my projects?

In applications, is it the degree mark or the portfolio that counts the most?

( I am going into 3rd year in september and I am thinking of applying early)

Jul 19, 12 3:26 pm
RH-Arch

Are you US or UK?

Jul 19, 12 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

I am applying in  the UK.

Jul 19, 12 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

Okay, in the US from what I understand, a CV is different from a Resume, but what people in the UK call a CV I call a resume. In the US for a new grad I know its always recommended no to exceed one page because you'd most likely be giving it padding, but a CV can be multiple pages that are basically an audit of your experiences. 

My personal opinion, which some may or may not agree on, is that it can be designed, but to the extent that BW or grayscale works. Tease images or considered work samples usually an are just a page or two that you may attach, but I wouldn't incorporate directly into your CV/Resume. It is good now that you are thinking of it, because it gives you an opportunity to create a coherent graphic layout so that your CV, Work Samples, Cover Letter, and Portfolio can all relate on some level and seem of the same author.

Jul 19, 12 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: