Archinect
anchor

So who DOESN'T regularly spend some time researching new employment opportunities?

freq_arch

It seems to be chronic with me - except when I'm really busy on a decent project.
I've been at four firms over the seven years since graduating and want to stop moving (different cities every time), but can't shake the idea that I should be somewhere else...or on my own.

Aug 9, 04 4:10 pm
archiphreak

i know what you mean. on my "down time" i am usually on the aia site or some other such looking at and imagining where i can go next. if you really want to settle down and quit moving i would recomend just bitting the bullet and start your own firm in whatever city, state, country, etc. you want to settle in. your own work is really the only work that will ever satisfy any of us ultimately.
that's my 2 cents anyway.

Aug 11, 04 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
halfnoise

honestly i think it's a disservice to yourself not to.

I finally gave notice to the company i worked 5 years for and after watching how they've replaced employee after employee (almost 100% turn over), it's hard not to think you are dispensible yourself.

<< your own work is really the only work that will ever satisfy any of us ultimately.

i second that. moving to a whole new city without real plans have oddly enough made me focus on what i wanted more than ever.

Aug 11, 04 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

Just stay anywhere in Ontario but Windsor.

Jan 12, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

i don't...this is MY fourth firm in ten years, and i'm tired of moving. also, this last job search, i spent three months on it and found a great firm that i really, really like

Jan 13, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: