Archinect
anchor

Interview Questions I May Expect...

holzwacw

Alright so I've already had an internship before with a smaller firm who gave a very informaly interview experience. Now, looking for fulltime, I am set up for 3-4 interviews for rather large companies who will have people from hr as well as their studios as a panel, interviewing me. I was wondering generally what I should prepare the most for, whether it be porftolio or my internship to discuss. Any thoughts on past interview experiences when looking for fresh out of college jobs?

Mar 5, 07 12:19 pm
mdler

know how many licks it takes to get the the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop...

also, know how they cram all that graham

Mar 5, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

who was better in the sack...Marianne or Ginger

Mar 5, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they will also want to know what your favorite color is

Mar 5, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i have been asked if I walk to work or pack my lunch...this is a trick question

Mar 5, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

have you ever seen a grown man naked...once again, trick question

Mar 5, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

who is your favorite Archinect personality...

MDLER is the correct answer

Mar 5, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they may also ask you about the Cooper Union Take Home Test

mumble the words Vado Retro a few times..this should work

Mar 5, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

this is as good a place to start as any: Traditional Employment Interview Questions

Mar 5, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
holzwacw

hey mdler...thanks for the help. So bored at work that you sit and look at the discussion board? Or is that how you spend your lunch? either way...you're cool.

Mar 5, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

I guess the big question is, how does one prepare for an interview in the first place? I see a lot of websites talk about doing such a thing, but I don't actually know what it consists of. Is 'interview preparation' a euphamism for jerking off or something? I don't get it, because the extent of my preparation is: make sure my resume contains no type-os and the most current information, get my portfolio in order, make sure that my person is clean and well attired. I don't know how one would go about preparing, beyond those basics.

Mar 5, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
lovebird

Would you say "bless you" after someone in the office sneezes?

Mar 5, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

no, only padres may bless the weak......

Mar 5, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

??Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moon light.??

Mar 5, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
rationalist

: it's like everything else - practice helps.

if you're really serious about preparing, have a friend ask you some (all ?) of the questions posed in my earlier post above. also, have someone in the profession listen while you walk them through the material in your portfolio. this gives you some idea ahead of time what you actually want to say in any given situation - you'll stumble a lot less if you've actually gone through it a number of times before the actual interview. listen attentively to any feedback you receive during this preparation - it will help.

i know some candidates who actually go to interviews at firms where they would not want to work, simply to gain experience with the interview process.

Mar 5, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Watch out for the "So...what made you leave your last office?" this has to be handled with extreme care!

Mar 6, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Hint: Honesty is NOT the correct policy.

Mar 6, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Are you a real Blonde?

Mar 6, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Actuall you may want to ask yourself this question:

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Mar 6, 07 9:27 am  · 
 · 
sparch

"Are you good at CAD?"

Mar 6, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

carpet match the drapes?

Mar 6, 07 10:42 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

do like apples?

Mar 6, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

silly me ... I thought holzwacw actually was looking for some help here.

Mar 6, 07 11:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: