Archinect
anchor

Of Google Adds and self Love

evilplatypus

So I open my gmail box this morning and this is the targeted add word in the banner

Bofill Architects - www.bofill.com - The most prestigious architectural studio in the world.

Does anyone think this may be a joke? Would an architecture firm really decide that its going to market itself on google add words as the most prestigigious architectural studio in the world?

Mar 5, 07 10:39 am
nambypambics

This ad used to appear on Archinect in the google adwords! (maybe it still does). It is still funny.

Mar 5, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
AP

not a joke...but I prefer your alternative spelling: "prestigigious"

say it out loud - prestigigious

carlos zapata studio also appears on the gmail banner adds...although his tag line is less...prestigigious.

Mar 5, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 
tempdrive

Well I went to the website and I am truely floored....that is without a doubt, the most prestigius architectural studio in the world....

no, not really.

but, aside from the self induced claim to fame, I do wonder what the implications of web advertisement would to for the profession. Seeing as most of america doesn't know what the hell we actually do, getting them to look at various works might be a good thing.

Mar 5, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I think architects should market and advertise. Especially on the web. I just never thought I'd see Bofill in a banner add, and one that sounds kind of used car sales speach.

Mar 5, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

No one has beat http://www.dickbuscharchitects.com yet.

No one will ever beat it, either.

No pun intended.

No really.

Mar 5, 07 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

does anyone else think bofill himself looks like helmut jahn in disguise?

Mar 5, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i practice self love

Mar 5, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

i have a long-held aversion to the work of bofill but, just for kicks, i clicked on the link ep provided above. is it just me, or does some of the bofill work suck less than it used to?!

Mar 5, 07 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

What would you expect from the most prestigigous architect in the world?

Mar 5, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

I presume that Bofill is desperate to get some work, because Po-Mo -as a trendy style- is long gone and so is he -as a 'famous' architect, not necessarily as a 'good architect'-.
He's not playing too much with plaster doric capitals nowadays, but, after all he has done, no one takes him much seriously around here ... he has moved into some kind of monumental and symmetrical minimalism, so to speak... he's doing some things in China

work aside, he suffered some kind of illness some time ago, and was close -or so they say- to retirement, but now he's back and about to complete one of the most hideous projects in Barcelona: a 88m tall hotel just in front of the Old City, which is like an ugly copy of that Dubai, sail-like hotel where Tiger Woods played golf..

Mar 5, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
i.g.lu.s.

dickbuscharchitects...
even the logo....
too good.

Mar 5, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: