Archinect
anchor

no fear...today?

at first trepidation...but why? architectural discourse, desires more! bent up frustration, good! architecture is full of those who want more purpose! fuck purpose, we want, ACTION! might this be fascism? too bad! fascism is the condition! we want reality, geometry it's there, we know it! confrontation we want it! bring the real, NEW!

a combination beyond capitalism...a definition that is not yet defined. green! you are not even with it! you are part of the nothing...our end! our death!...there is not a future that is planned! collective! idealized...something of myth..it's not celebrity, our famous it's honest and true...what is it? defined! plausible! possible! i don't care! whatever! there is a danger, presence of the possible which evades the question...what does the future hold within the paradigm of consumption? nothing!

are we a mappable trajectory of desires? i pray that we are intellectual---people who think beyond our desires...the problem is! that we play on our desires--to sell a potential energy! a possibility! i love you all with no preconditions on the web...can i love without preconditions in the real...world? this is the problem of the future...fuck the GREEN! WE WANT MORE NOTHING!

...more soon...

Mar 2, 07 3:48 am
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

yeah! passionate ranting!

Mar 2, 07 4:23 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

This thread needs vindpust's inputs

Mar 2, 07 4:45 am  · 
 · 

what are you on about, john? were you drunk?

Mar 2, 07 8:02 am  · 
 · 

a little, doesn't read right?

Mar 2, 07 9:04 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow, very Tom Wolf and The Electirc Kooladie Acid Test.

Mar 2, 07 9:06 am  · 
 · 

is this the archi-dork version of "braveheart?"

Mar 2, 07 9:55 am  · 
 · 

it was more like an experiment, but please burn me...

Mar 2, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Is this like Mad Libs or something?

Mar 2, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

might want to lat-off the whole "collective" thing. Nothing is more unfair than a collective. But I admire the passion.

Mar 2, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

John...I could not agree with you more.....random thoughts and all that have some cohesion, yet are random still.
brilliant!

Mar 2, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

Good morning, John! Hey, rants worked well for Kieth Olbermann, not so well for Robert Novak.

Mar 2, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 

rant? its not a rant its a dionysian moment. I would state that Olberman and Novak are ranting in a very strategic manner. a dionysian moment lacks any of these agencies.

Mar 2, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

Dionysian moment: whatever you want to call drinking and archinecting is fine by me. Can we digress into the mercury content of compact flourescents?

Mar 2, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

you didn't like that one either?

Mar 2, 07 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

believe me I think there is more to the current state of "do goodness", because it never examines the fundamental questions

Mar 2, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I remember reading an article on grammar once in which the author accused architects - she addressed all professional writing but for this one sin she specifically called out architects - of "gratuitous overuse of commas".

Also, did I miss a now-retracted rant on the mercury/CF thing? Cuz what I see written over there is pretty tame.

But it points up: connectedness - arch-connectedness or otherwise - is critical for everything we do, every action we perform on this planet and within this cultural community. It's enough to make one just stay in bed every day.

I'm off to hang some art for a client. Marlin, I totally adore that subversive poster. Hope your head doesn't hurt today, John.

Mar 2, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

don't get me wrong, i loved it. Moments ago i was at my window screaming "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

I'm done with design. Gimmie a year and I'm sure you'll find me taking the LSAT.

Mar 2, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

(LB: peep despair.com: My favorite is "The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.")

Mar 2, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

absuletly usefull. it must be launched on multi fronts.

Mar 2, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

that was after speed reading the whole thread and re reading the opening piece.

Mar 2, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

loose impression about the whole thing. perhaps more to come from me, later.

Mar 2, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

I like the use of !!!s It got me worked up! I'm ready to make some architecture!

Mar 2, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

such aggression!... anxiousness!…belligerent?......dot dot dot
architecture is...goodness? quit pumping...start loving!!

Mar 2, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

"Where else now is utopian imagination if not on the web?"

Mar 2, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Think I best no make noise and go make a LIVING~

Mar 3, 07 9:41 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

dear diary...

Mar 3, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 

LB,

An English professor, friend of mine, who was looking over some writing for me, accused me, of "going baroque with commas",

At the beginning of a theory lecture Michael Hays said: "due to our current weapon-technologies we can all imagine the possibility of the world ending, but most people in western society cannot imagine a world without capitalism".

As I discussed in my latest blog entry, I think the web and virtual realities are far from utopias and may make things worst not better.

Mar 3, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 

I agree with John's post that we are at an important and interesting cross roads. I am not sure that revolution, itself now a commodity, is possible. Then we have the cynical options of retreating or embracing completely from the consumerist culture and finally the somewhat anemic option of engaging consumerism just enough to make small changes from within it.

Either way I doubt that change will come suddenly, but groundswells such as AFH's Open Architecture Network, the 2010 Imperative, and the Grosse Pointe Charrette may begin to give us clues on new ways to operate and influence.

Mar 3, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: