Archinect
anchor

HOLABIRD AND ROOT QUESTIONS (CHICAGO)

jaol

Hi everyone from Holabird and Root, or those that are interested.

I was wondering what the mechanics are like at HB these days. Being from IIT I should know since I was a student of Gerald Horn. Anyone should get to know him. I have heard a lot about changes since Gerald left, as well as some very creative higher-ups that left as well such as James Hall. Also, I hear that they just made a recent move to the Marquette Building on 140 S Dearborn.

Can anyone tell me what is happening there? Lots of turnover, transitions, and are these changes going in a positive direction?

Thanks for your help.

Feb 28, 07 1:18 am
magic_pie

hi, i was wondering about the same thing. what i read here doesn't seem very good: http://www.insidearch.org/cgi-bin/firmreports/fr-hol160.php

Mar 3, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Jesus Christ, that sounds like my firm. In almost every detail.

Mar 3, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

I am surprised to see that the firm is still alive.

Mar 4, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

wow, surprised how detailed you got with that description of people in and out. The office has been in transition for some time now and has been unable to secure a strong designer since GH stepped down from his position back in 2000.

Mar 4, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: