Archinect
anchor

Pricing Digital Prints of Original Architectural Drawings

carlynnw

Does anyone have any experience selling digital prints of their architectural drawings at a gallery or independently? What is a reasonable price for an original digital drawing about 30" x 40"? Should the prints be numbered, as per lithography? I need to get back to some perspective buyers in response to their queries in Los Angeles. Any comments that may be helpful would be most useful. Thank you.

Feb 27, 07 1:59 am
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

The way the art industry works, I think numbered and signed prints are going to sell for more than unnumbered prints, for the simple fact that people pay more for originals. My personal opinion is that this is a sign the art industry is stuck in the nineteenth-century, but there you go. I'm not speaking from a position of much experience, either.

Feb 27, 07 2:32 am  · 
 · 
carlynnw

"prospective"... sorry-- as far as Freudian slips go, I imagine architects will forgive this one.

Feb 27, 07 2:48 am  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

i know with photography usually the more you charge the more important your work will be percieved by the client.... so I imagine that for prints it not much different. Now if these are friends buying... thats a whole other matter

Feb 27, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
snooker

cost of materials, hourly rate for producing the product X 10 = fair cost per print. Remember if you print and edition it is Print number Edition Number. Artist Proofs are a whole different animal......factor it by 10 again and you shouldn't be far off. If your real good like Jasper Johns this formula doesn't work worth a crap. If you a schooly looking to break in this formula doesn't work worth a crap. So if you are a crap, just make up a number, but remember first edition prints are always worth the most.

Feb 27, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: