Archinect
anchor

Is age a factor in studying Architecture?

Enigmatic Mind

So I'm new on this website, and was curious to know if age is a factor in Architecture school. I'm 22 and want to start a BA in Architecture. I have a Associates in Art as of now. Think it will be to hard to mingle with the young crowd??

Feb 26, 07 1:41 pm
Chch

22? You are young, no?

Feb 26, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

my closest friends in school were both several years older and younger than myself. (undergrad)

the average age of my class was 23.

Feb 26, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

You're too old. Get a cherry job as a Wal-Mart greeter, and be grateful for every waking hour you have left on this earth because at the ripe old age of 22, you don't have too many left.

Feb 26, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

there are plenty of other threads around on this topic, you might do a search. No, you are not "old" at 22!

Feb 26, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i started my bachelors(not in architecture) at age 23.

Feb 26, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

when i was 22 i didn't know if i wanted to be a marine biologist or a graphic designer...i began my b.arch at 25

Feb 26, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

I'm sorry, but the "Think it will be to hard to mingle with the young crowd??" made me giggle :)

Unless you are EXTREMELY mature for your age you shouldn't have any problems, and if you ARE extremely mature for your age, there will be a decent number of students who like you will be "older" (i keep laughing, really, at 22 you are still youthful!) and a year or two in to the program when the few 18 yo's that are crazy enough to want to torture their social life and study architecture have had some time to mature, you will find that the age difference will essentially disappear.

Feb 26, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Enigmatic Mind

Ha, Ha, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that! I know I'm young, I guess I had some worries in regards to people who had just come out of High School....how my working environment would be just starting out. Awesome comments!

Feb 26, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

I like dammson started at 25....after getting my AA (like you) so no, you are not too young or old for that matter, you are probably in the median age to get into a programme. As for older or younger classmates....well you will just have to see what the composition of your class is. What is the cross section age wise, then yo will be able to gage things right.

22! haha, wow, cmon mate, you're not that far from those 18 y/o that come straight from highschool.

Feb 26, 07 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

At 22 you are old enough to buy beer for all those 18 year old freshmen. That will make you very popular with the "young" crowd.

Feb 26, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

Hello all. I am 31 and I wonder...am I too old to study architecture?

Feb 26, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Hello. I am 35 and just finishing my Bachelors, and starting my masters next fall...so, no...you are not too old.

Feb 26, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: