Archinect
anchor

MAX on MACS

ac.kee

I looking into getting a macbook pro
but im not sure if it supports 3ds maxs.im almost sure it shoudl seeing that they can run windows.can anybody offer some help on this topic.
cheers

Feb 22, 07 11:07 am
jjh

i have a mac pro and it is a windows based machine. i haven't had any issues with the software that i have installed. i haven't installed max, but form z, rhino, autocad, etc. work fine.

Feb 22, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
ac.kee

sounds good
i'm loving macs man they are
too sexy.........

Feb 22, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
blue22

i just wanted to bump this up again...

has anyone tried 3ds Max on the new Macbook Pros yet?

If so, can you tell me if there are any problems with the program on the OS? I'm looking to purchase a new or refurbished Macbook for my program and I'm going to install the works.

Thanks!

Aug 29, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

3D Studio Max won't run natively on Mac OS X. You'll need to install Windows via Boot Camp and run Max that way.

Aug 29, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
blue22

Oh, yes sorry, I knew that. I meant that I'd be running 3ds Max on Windows XP through Bootcamp.

Do you or anyone else have experience using the program on the new MBPs?

Aug 29, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My guess is that it would be no different than running Max on a PC with similar specs, except that the Mac hardware is generally more reliable and won't cause system crashes.

Aug 30, 07 8:11 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

i already ordered my MAC after years of PC abuse.... and im even up to learn vector works or archicad or whatever to try to use the "windows side" as less as possible (still waiting on the mac version of rhino next year), also learning maxwell to drop 3d max for good... is time for a change of mentality...

Aug 30, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 
manamana

LIG:

macs are about middle of the road in comparison to pcs from a purely hardware standpoint.

Aug 30, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
blah
still waiting on the mac version of rhino next year

The beta is available. It isn't feature complete yet but it's getting there.

Aug 30, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
blue22

Thanks for all the comments, but I genuinely would like an answer from anyone with experience using 3ds Max on the MBPs.

So anyone out there? Glitches? Rendering problems? All fine and dandy?

I've been following some of the discussion threads about people purchasing them and at least using AutoCAD. I'm not too familiar with any of the other programs available for 3D, although I have heard from them.

Aug 30, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: