Archinect
anchor

Cooper Union, I hope I go...

Ohdearguideme

I too have the home test. Even though I have only a few more days to finish it (Just havent finished one question), the redefine the grid is the that has got to me. I have only taken one year of architecture. I havent gone to school for two years due to life situations, but I do KNOW that I am creative and good at what I do. (I have read so many books, and so many websites about skyscraper design etc before I started school, the teacher thought I had taken Architecture already and was in that class as a mistake) But anyways, I dont want anyone to tell me what it is I have to do, or get angry over the fact that I am ONLY asking of peoples opinions on the following instruction: Redefine the grid in black and white only using the following marks: points, lines, planes, intersections and/or erasures. The best advice that I have gotten (which is what i figured but not 100%), was to just do what comes to mind. Is this test a test that shows your ability to be abstract and think of things in a different was that the norm? If it is, it is exactly what I am going to do. But if its not, who is to say? After all, if someone has talent, they have it because they create works of art different than any other correct? Now I am sure some of you have been architects for a while, and might find this silly, but please dont respond if you are going to be negative, its not a bad thing to seek help, we all have done it. So, any interpretations on what that question asks? Or have I answered it already and are holding back when I should not be? I havent been in school for a while like I said, I just need to be sure I am making the right call on this....

Feb 22, 07 1:18 am
mdler

mmm...skyscraper design

Feb 22, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

Just draw ponies.

No, seriously- we cannot make any of these calls for you. Archinect is not a resource for cheaters. Go do your own work.

Feb 22, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: