Archinect
anchor

72 hours in LA

aplusx

you, L.A. children, give me your knowledge.

i am in town for 72 hours and need to know what to see. the new stuff please, the treasures, the up and coming. i've done the classics....

Feb 21, 07 10:04 am
aspect

depends on what u looking for, sex or architecture?

Feb 21, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

lol.....is the Skin and Bones exhibit still up? You might wanna try LATIMES.COM for the latest openings exhibits. (thats if you wanna see that stuff) if you are talking architecture....hmmmm..........tough one

Feb 21, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 

Is there not some sort of 'real woman in a glass box' exhibit behind the reception desk of the Standard Hotel on Sunset Blvd.?

Feb 21, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I just had a board formed concrete wall poured at one of my job sites if you would like to see that

Feb 21, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

eat sushi, drink beer, dance, pass out, wake up, go to the beach... REPEAT

Feb 21, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

check out the UCLA and sci-arch lecture series for a lecture if you want that...

father's office in santa monica for burgers
getty villa addition by machado silvetti is an amazingly detailed $1200/sq. ft. treat

walk venice boardwalk...

Feb 21, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

yes, i second the getty villa, but, i just checked the website and tickets are "sold out" (free tickets)...there are some available for march during the weekdays...

Feb 21, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

nice cock

Feb 21, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Thanks, I just had it stuffed...

Feb 21, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

theme building anyone?

with the appropriately named "Encounter" restaurant contained within, it's a must see. though if you've already done the classics, then i guess you've been here.

but in reality, i second the tacohunt pages as mentioned above. some real great finds on that list.

also another +1 for my father's office in santa monica.

Feb 21, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

tip on getty villa:

call first thing in the morning. they always reserve a few tickets for potential VIPs. if not taken (more often than not) they get released to the public the morning of.

Feb 21, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: