Archinect
anchor

Starchitect in UCBerkeley Wurster Hall today

jdadour

Well my ARCH160 Intro to Construction Professor managed to keep secret who our "special lecturer" was for today's class, up until about 10 minutes before class started today. So i went about 20 minutes early to hang out in the Wurster hall lobby and I see an "entourage" of japanese people walk in. One of the Grad students I know was pointing and gasping at the more distinguished looking man of the group, I asked him who that was (sorry but all japanese starchitects looks very simiiar to me)....

It was Toyo Ito.

He gave our seemingly unimportant and small Construction class a magnificient lecture on specific construction techniques he employed on his intricate and complicated structures.

It was an outstanding day to say the least!

Feb 20, 07 7:37 pm
maggieP

that sounds amazing! i am a big fan...i saw him speak years ago at wurster hall. it was fantastic except the translation seemed to be thin.

Feb 20, 07 9:29 pm  · 
 · 

fuck man and I was at Wurster today...missed it.

Feb 21, 07 2:34 am  · 
 · 
cj w.

any video on this event? would love to hear him speak!

Feb 21, 07 8:23 am  · 
 · 
Client

this building is awesome, did he talk about it?

Feb 21, 07 8:50 am  · 
 · 
jdadour

yup that was the most recent he is working on that he showed us. Opera house in Taiwan.

Feb 21, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: