Archinect
anchor

precast modular forms

ds2la

Hey does anybody know the artist that did interwoven precast forms??? He created screens out of them.
His name is escaping me. He has a book out of his work.
thanks

Feb 15, 07 3:21 pm

i can't recall the name either, but there was an article a month or two ago about him in metropolis... he and some other guy are investigating ways to mass produce his screens...

Feb 15, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

found it... i think that you're referring to erwin hauer...

here's the link to the story in the october 2006 metropolis...

enrique rosado is the guy that is trying to help him reproduce the forms digitally...

Feb 15, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

that guy's a baller

Feb 15, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

no doubt.

I had to quote this, from the article above:

'What Schoen documented was a type of three-dimensional surface he later named the Innercore-Wrapped Package (I-WP), which Hauer had intuitively discovered on his own more than a decade earlier. NASA scientists—interested in the potential material applications of synthetic microstructures—had tried to patent the I-WP only to find that one of Hauer’s patents for the continua had beat them to it. “They had to sharpen their own patent description until it no longer infringed on mine,” Hauer says. “It took them a year.”'

Feb 15, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
ds2la

Thanks,
He's the one I was thinking of.

Feb 16, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: