Archinect
anchor

Marmoleum or Linoleum on ceiling in wall?

Gotan

Do anybody knows if Marmoleum or Linoleum can be used on walls and ceiling as well? Fire security reasons...

Maybe there was something about it,
can't remember.

Any good material to recommend for that kind of treatment?

cheers

Feb 15, 07 3:59 am
mdler

drywall

Feb 15, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

it's heavier and more $$ then most wall treatments...

Feb 15, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

I've seen Forbo sheetgoods used as wainscoting at a school in San Francisco...

Feb 15, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

i love marmoleum. especially on toast.

Feb 15, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Frit

Someone in our office looked into it several years ago and abandoned the idea. I think the problem was that the manufacturer won't warrenty a vertical installation. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work with the right adhesive, you just won't get a warrenty. Was a long time ago, though, I could be wrong.

Feb 15, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 

i used sticky backed vinyl tiles to cover up a one wall of a small kitchen. people thought it was a joke but it looked really good. it was done on a wall which had no windows and turns, etc. it was a nice discontinued gray product with textured finish, 1' x 1'.
i think the idea of using either product is good, if .

Feb 15, 07 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

don't do it the adhesive won't make it stay up. I've tried it with Amstrong's medintech in a hospital area. Trouble most adhesives are prone to the effects of gravity. I suspect however that there is a way to detail yourself out of that problem but alas I never found it

Feb 15, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 

On the walls yes but its a very different product. You'd need something that has perferation where the adhesive actually makes a deep bond. Or something that makes a chemical bond. Either which there are more cost effective ways.

I am assuming this is a sterile area or one that requires regular cleaning.

I have a few suggestions however let me know

Feb 15, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: