Archinect
anchor

reason why we don't mate with our own kind?

aspect

1. because poor people shall not stick together?

Feb 14, 07 2:00 am

i dont understand

Feb 14, 07 2:11 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

meez, dont you answer that to any girl who proposes to you. then you wont be able to mate ever.

Feb 14, 07 2:14 am  · 
 · 
ChAOS

i'd marry an architect, especially the type who works CA, they're the most attractive b/c you get the white collar mixed w/ the blue collar. can i say they're hot? they're hot :) mmmm, i love a man in construction garb

Feb 14, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 

I'm pretty sure we do mate with our own kind.... think of all those husband & wife firms, most of my professors were with other architects, and I'm pretty sure I live with another intern. What's given you the impression that we "don't mate with out own kind"?

Feb 14, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Maybe it should say "we shouldn't mate with our own kind"

Feb 14, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

ChAOS> in CA everyone mate with everyone... so doesn't count.

rationalist> i'm in asia, i rarely see architects marry or go out with architects... here, many tom boy in our fields and female architect tend to be very very bossy and they end up being single or someone who like to be bossed around.

here ppl just dun want to talk about architecture after work, so not dating an architect will be a good start.

Feb 14, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
the silent observer

The problem with mating with your own kind...power roles...I mean, in the end, someone has to come out on top....

Feb 14, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i've mated with architects before, and planners, debutantes, and lawyers. i prefer humans from "peripheral" professions, so there is at least something in common professionally, but the conversations aren't boring

Feb 14, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

"many tom boy in our fields and female architect tend to be very very bossy and they end up being single or someone who like to be bossed around"

Hmph. Maybe that says more about the men than the women.

Feb 14, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i dont thinking mating was in the companies mission statement..... and i didnt get the memo or the tps report

Feb 14, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

CA's is referring to Construction Administration, not California...

Feb 14, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

these are the potential consequences if we don't mate w/ our own kind:

and i've always been under the impression that architecture was exceptionally incestuous...

Feb 14, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 

I've never been so lucky. Simply, I think because i would enjoy it far too much....being able to take long walks in the park designed by "XXXXXXX" and go to the museum sneaking pictures of the structure not the paintings. Oh and buy a bottle of vintage wine simply so you can design something around it that has to match perfectly in your empty apartment with the exception of an authentic replica of a mies chaise lounge circa 1936. Really romantic stuff.

Feb 16, 07 12:39 am  · 
 · 
ChAOS

vado, thank you for clarifying that. i was really trying to understand what she (?) meant by ...

"in CA everyone mate with everyone... so doesn't count."

i just thought that w/ the rest of her comment she was saying that in asia everyone involved with construction slept with each other, which didn't really make sense since it also sounded like in asia the men in architecture don't like the women in architecture, but then i suppose that lead to the thought that the MEN in asia all slept with each other during the construction phase of a project which would lead to why it doesn't count becuase they wouldn't be able to procreate which is really the only reason we mate anyway right?

;)

Feb 16, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

;)
hi there bluesteel.

Feb 16, 07 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

haha.. funny, btw, i'm a he not a she... here we call contract administrator, that means we only mate with ppl involve with the contract: ie. quantity surveyor, clients, government...

Feb 16, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

While it is nice to have someone who understands and shares our love of the built environment...

A) what else would we talk about?

B) Two highly creative, highly critical, detail oriented people in the same space? how could you possibly arrange anyting?

C) Closets full of black

D) The mystery and intrigue of being an architect wouldn't impress the other person

...but I will admit, there's nothing like discussing Danny' Denver library, Aalto's Mt. Angel library or urban planning whilst in the grasp of afterglow....

Feb 16, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 

Its tough to crit a significant other due to possible bedroom retaliations.

Feb 16, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Weakens the gene pool.

Variety is good.

Feb 16, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

funny we are talking about this.

Someone contacted me out of the blue via email on friday...a femarchitecfetal...chatted for near 3 hours about everything including how eisenman's head is so far up his own ass, and why we love him.

We are having dinner next week...to continue

Feb 18, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Exceptional intelligence, beauty and a mind of [her] own is what would count. I used to think I wasn't fussy. Hah. I hate clubs and clubbability. If I were to go out with another architect it wouldn't be in order to talk about architecture all night long...

Feb 18, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: