Archinect
anchor

Revit purchase

ih1542006

A friend has a copy of Revit 8.1 never registered
If I buy REVIT without buying the subscription will it work? What if you buy it and sign up for the subscription but cancel after the first year? Or just not continue to pay the yearly subscription costs

Feb 13, 07 3:55 pm
dia

You get asked for subscription renewal every year. You dont have to take it. Subscription is optional. All it means is that you will not any new releases within 12 months of purchase, aside from service packs etc.

Feb 13, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
postal

i think you want to keep it up to date though.... it seems like they could make some really good changes in the near future... and with systems getting up and running there could be some rapid growing pains

Feb 13, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Yeah, we have subscriptions for all of our software, and for REVIT. We have the latest version bought late last year, so knowing AutoDesk, you can expect something new shortly.

There is a difference between not registering and not subscribing though...

Feb 13, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
ih1542006

Well, I was interested in buying revit 8.1 but not sure if I can even register it. It was unused and unregistered. I going to pass on it.

Feb 14, 07 7:23 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

AutoDesk releases new versions of AutoCAD on March 23. VIZ, ADT, and Revit follow in early April.

Feb 15, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

you guys pay for software?

Feb 15, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: