Archinect
anchor

body art/piercings/etc

post-neorealcrapismist

By your powers combined i am CAPTAIN PLANET,

Feb 13, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb, when is your birthday!?! I will go with you! :o)

I just think that body art is really beautiful and makes sense for people in the design profession. I think it's enchanting to have something that you designed yourself permanently embossed on your own body.

I am definitely a Wonder Twin!

Chili, when is your birthday? Even if you are not technically, I will make you an honorary member of the Air Team. You know, being my alter ego and all.

I love it when mdler posts pictures of himself wearing something ridiculous.

Feb 13, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Oh I'm an aquarian.

Feb 13, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

By the way, I find myself guilty of looking at mdler's package, but let me explain. When I first saw the picture, I overlooked the 5 o'clock shadow and I was wondering why the redhead in the purple superhero costume had such funky camel toe. So you see, it wasn't my intention to check out mdler's crotch. Now if you will excuse me, I have to find something pointy to stick in my eye.

Feb 13, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

i have visible tats on both biceps and left forearm along with 12 gauge rings in both ears. this, unfortunately, does hinder me in my profession simply in so far as i am never asked to sit in on meetings, am never given projects to present, and am never sent out on job sites. this really sucks. but whatever. maybe time to move on?!

Feb 13, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

archiphreak, most likely in ten years a lot more people with tattoos and piercings will be in upper-level professional positions that will require them to present, etc., so it will be the norm to see such accoutrements in meetings.

Perhaps. The other option is that the ones with the tats/piercings will be professionally held back. I really can't predict which way the professional world will go.

Thanks, DubK but honestly I think my skin is old enough at this point that a tattoo would just start ugly and get uglier. Which might not be a porblem with as bizarre a beast as the garwondler.

Feb 13, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

body art is beautiful on beautiful bodies. which is why i am tatoo free.

Feb 13, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

Liberty,
I agree that eventually I will be in a higher position of authority and thus in a better position to affect change. But, no matter what field or situation, stunting one's growth in a profession based not on their work performance or ethic but on their minor eccentricities is just wrong. I work extremely hard for my firm and my tattoos and piercings are not ostentatious or vulgar. And all but my rings are covered with long sleeves. I do realize that a first impression is a good thing and appearance counts for a lot especially in our business, but I've given presentations and had meetings with high ranking city officials and clients on my own time and it hasn't made any difference. Ok, now I'm ranting and my complete frustration is showing through, so I'll quit my bitching and get back to work. BUT ONE DAY I'LL BE IN CHARGE!! When I'm finally at a place to be completely out on my own and can hire a lowly Intern, tattoos and piercings will be a requirement. ;-)

Ciao.

Feb 13, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Cover all your bases.

Boy those summer nights in 1985 were fun. Note too how sleeveless was in that season.
Packed the fashion career away before Hurricane Gloria though.

Feb 13, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

chili

somethings are best kept to yourself

Feb 13, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

but I do have a nice package...

Feb 13, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: