Archinect
anchor

worst thing of all time!!!

mdler
cpnorris

holy crap that would suck!! that made me a little queazy when i read it.

Feb 9, 07 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

why, oh why would you post something like this?

Feb 9, 07 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

That's pretty bad, but I think tub girl is worse. I will not link it for all that is holy, but I'm sure many of you have seen it. The reason it is worse is because that thing will never be in me, but I have seen the image of tub girl. So as far as pure internet existance, tub girl wins.

Feb 9, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

In terms of scary water life, I think these scare me more...

Wiki article on Giant Isopods

Feb 9, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish

Some anglerfish have a unique mating method. Since individuals are rare and encounters doubly so, finding a mate is a problem, especially at a time when both individuals are ready to spawn. When scientists first started capturing ceratioid anglerfish, they noticed that all of the specimens were females. These individuals were a few inches in size and almost all of them had what appeared to be parasites attached to them. It turned out that these "parasites" were the remains of male ceratioids.

When a male of one of these species hatches, it equipped with extremely well developed olfactory organs that detect scents in the water. They have no digestive system, and thus are unable to feed independently. They must find a female anglerfish, and quickly, or else they will die. The sensitive olfactory organs help him to detect the pheromones that signal the proximity of a female anglerfish. When he finds a female, he bites into her flank, and releases an enzyme which digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood vessel level. The male then atrophies into nothing more than a pair of gonads that release sperm in response to hormones in the female's bloodstream indicating egg release. This is an extreme example of sexual dimorphism. However, it ensures that when the female is ready to spawn, she has a mate immediately available.[2]

Feb 9, 07 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

"The male then atrophies into nothing more than a pair of gonads"

sounds like a few people I've met in the past...

Feb 9, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

damn, that isopod looks like one mean customer! like some alien from metroid or something!

Feb 9, 07 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha, i wonder what the "intelligent design" folks would say about the candiru

Feb 9, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXdXJp962Ug
Feb 9, 07 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
"i wonder what the "intelligent design" folks would say about the candiru"

Forced sterilization for those who deserve it.

Feb 9, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
binary

mdler.... i seen a bot fly get pulled out of a ladies head...wtf.....

glad we just have big rats in detroit........ and 3 eyed fish

Feb 9, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ever had a neurotic client...

Feb 9, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
binary

wtf is that.......

Feb 9, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Ew... Now I know what a botfly is, and I wish I didn't.

And then, being the idiot that I am, I just had to do a Google search on tubgirl.

Feb 9, 07 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

as long as you don't go searching for meatspin, lemonparty or goatse, you'll be ok.

no, really.

dont.

Feb 9, 07 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

Wow, zits from hell.

Feb 9, 07 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Misen

goatse.... I kept getting closer and closer to the monitor trying to figure what it was that I was looking at... then I understood.

Feb 9, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

and here i was thinking the candiru was an urban legend...

And i don't feel sorry for you idiots that followed the tubgirl lead.

Feb 10, 07 3:30 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

The ultimate ZIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

Feb 10, 07 10:26 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

hasselhoff - i just did a google search for "tubgirl" cause you sparked my interest......kinda wish i didn't do that.

Feb 10, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

It's kind of like the Ring. THe only way to make yourself feel better for having seen it is to show other people.

Feb 10, 07 11:09 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i've been trying to do a gandhi and resist doing a google search on tubgirl...and finally last night i remembered i have seen it before...now i feel safe and in equilibrium...

Feb 10, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Chch

so true, hasselhoff. so true.

In fact, there's a flickr set that documents people's first reactions to seeing the horror of goatse: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrneutron/sets/1568481/

eg.

you'd think he'd seen everything by now....

Feb 10, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

do you think goatse would be more susceptible to candiru attacks? actually don't answer that, sorry i asked.

Feb 10, 07 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

*holds back vomit*

Feb 10, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

these kinds of things make me feel like the world will end soon
why do people do things like this??

Feb 11, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

shits and giggles

Feb 11, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
binary

this thread is bullshyt without pics....wtf

Feb 11, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

buzz kill
thats gross man

Feb 11, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

This reminds me, back in undergrad a good friend of mine left the studio to go get something to eat. He left his computer on which tempted us to be mischievous. We decided to change his wallpaper to another image. When he got back to his computer, he went ape shit! I have only heard so many curse words yelled in the studio rivaled by a professor before. Afterwards he didn't speak to us for a week.

That glorious image...Tub Girl!

Feb 12, 07 1:17 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Yeah, F'ing with computers is enjoyable. BUt I hate when people do it to me. More so now that the work on my computer is kind of priceless and more important. But yeah, undergrad didn't matter so much (I wasn't an arch in undergrad). My most playful, yet successful and memorable computer effing, was when I went in my friend's room and made her calculator come on everyday at 6pm. Now, being the resident computer nerd, at dinner one day she asks "Hey, my computer is being weird, the calculator keeps opening by itself, can you come help me out?" I responded, "oh yeah, I did that." It was fun for all.

Feb 12, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
moratto

I am glad there are no photos here. Think of all the innocent kids that come on to archinect.

It is sad how you have to get that quesy feeling out by watching other people react to it.

Feb 12, 07 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Thanks mdler and dammson - I'll be sure to inform you of how my nightmares unfold tonight.

Feb 13, 07 12:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: