Archinect
anchor

Fabuloso!

freq_arch

I just came from a meeting with a client where they informed me that while they really liked the addition and renovations that I designed for their (fabulous lakefront) property, the were wondering if it was OK that they prefer to replace the entire home with something more suited to them, and bigger and way cooler.

I think I may have told them I love them.

Great clients make up for some (not all) of the crap I deal with on most days.

Feb 9, 07 3:19 pm
el jeffe

now that's what a friday meeting should be like.

as opposed to a promised conference call with a client, one that apparently isn't going to happen, to discuss an additional services proposal because our engineers are starting a mutiny due to numerous client-directed design changes.

Feb 9, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

its not a marcel breuer house is it?

Feb 9, 07 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

lol vado too much!

Feb 9, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

My little Diner turned Tourist Information project was given the blessing by all the important govenment officals of the county. I should be celebrating, instood I'm here working on cabinet elevations.

Feb 9, 07 7:00 pm  · 
 · 

meanwhile I'm craving a cigarette and a long drive throughout the country...solitude is calling

Feb 10, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I thought this thread was going to be about Ze Frank. He's always saying fabuloso.

Awesome clients, I hope they are truly awesome and have deep and generous pockets too.

Feb 10, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
blackcomb1

I had been working with a client through predesign for a custom house a number of years back and basically doing work in a series of small contrats to flush some preliminary ideas. It seemed mostly to see if I was the right arch for them and understood, what they wanted and test out ideas, over a three year period, they were very pleasant and not in a rush and paid promptly. We finally got something that really worked for them and it was all stone and timber and different than most stuff in the area so we were jazzed about the work. So he asked for a contract for the reamining work and take it right through. He was a developer by profession so I knew I had to be sharp with my pencil, and the house was getting pretty complicated and I was streeing about the fees so that I didn't loose my shirt.

Then out of the blue he phones and says " We like the way you work, the design is great, I trust you so just bill us hourly!" I damn near fell off my chair. He was an awesome client, the house is terrific and built by a terrific contractor and our fees were well into the six figures and he paid with in 5 days of invoicing. Wonderful experience and really enjoyed all the work, needless to say when every he phoned and asked us to jump we just said how high. Very as you say Fabuloso!

Feb 11, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: