Archinect
Nevermore

horrible.

Feb 8, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 
Ana G.

why can't I see this?... I'm from Romania...Bucharest is the capital of Romania. Sad..

Feb 8, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

do you guys think EU is going to fix this problem?

Feb 8, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
rt m.

yes, at least it will be a first step...

Feb 8, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
cynic

agreed, that is a very sad story, but romania gets such a bad rap.......terrible things happen everywhere....when is the last time you saw or heard something positive about that country?

all we hear about is gypsies (roma), orphans, sex trade, etc, etc.....but we never hear about its amazing natural features, or the important cultural contributions that romania has given the world (tzara, brancusi, enescu...)

Feb 9, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 

cynic,
i am saddened by your classification that you did not include gypsies in the important cultural area of your romanian out take.
similar sadness goes for the orphans as well.

all in all, you have made some very biased groupings.

would you rather have romans and orphans be gone together with the sex trade?

Feb 9, 07 12:16 am  · 
 · 
cynic

orhan,

no, you misunderstand.....i was referring to the topics that are constantly used to put romania and its people in a negative light...how could i possibly take issue with such a historically fascinating culture like the roma? and i shudder to think that one would consider being orphan equivalent to something sinister or embarassing...
sorry for not making myself clear before....

Feb 9, 07 12:22 am  · 
 · 

thats what i thought in the first place. i apologize for reacting so fast.
i'd like to add george hagi, great soccer player.

Feb 9, 07 2:10 am  · 
 · 
Ana G.

i'm sorry that this discussions always come up about my country... it has so many beauties.. yet so many disoriented people. It seems that it is very hard for us to control these issues. On the other hand those people "like" thier lives.. I mean some have been adopted by families or have been part of certain programs and yet they have returned to street life... because they can be free there. I used to live in a small town where this wasn't part of my daily reality.. now I'm living in a bigger town (timisoara) and this is a reality. We too have great men.. Did you know that it was a romanian that invented penicillin, or the first plane, or the fact that Romanian is the second spoken language at Microsoft? .. I would like it very much if you tried to find out the beautiful parts of Romania like Maramures, or Moladavia or the mountains and the see. It's very hard for us to try to overcome that general opinion about Romania and it's hard when everybody puts a tag on you because of your country... I could talk on and on about that but I'll stop. I hope you ... I don't know... think about that

Feb 9, 07 2:28 am  · 
 · 
a-f

I was in Bucharest last year, and it's a strange, not very beautiful, but somehow intriguing city - really a mix of 19th century parisian glory, huge communistic housing areas, orthodox churches, lush historical parts and tacky noveau-riche. Somehow Romanian history seems to have been rushing very fast in completely different directions.

Feb 9, 07 3:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: