Archinect
anchor

Photoshop help!

Archilearner

I am trying to make a portfolio for the first time and...I have some problems....

when I cut and paste one pic into another, the one I brought into lost color and became black and white....but some pics looked the same and some don't..... Could you please tell me what I am missing? is it because of the different format like Grayscale or YMK?...or sth

I scanned the Mylar drawings and....trying to retouch them in Photoshop.....Since the original hand-drawings are already a bit dirty on the surface, the pics look worse.....and they look unclear .....
Is there any way to fix that? whats the better way to present the mylar drawings?

Thanks a lot. your input would be appreciated....

Feb 7, 07 2:59 am
trace™

Image > Mode > RGB or CMYK

Make sure it's not set to Grayscale.

Feb 7, 07 8:54 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

To clean up a hand drawing or sketch:

Open the image and go to the menu bar up top and find select > by color. A screen will come up showing your image. Click on any portion that is white and you will see your selection. The trick is to mess with the fuzziness slide bar so that you select everything that is not inked. It may take you a few tries to gt it right until you get used to it. Click ok and just fill the selection with white. That should get rid of everything you don't want there. If the paper has wrinkles and heavy smudges on it, you may need to do some small retouching with the eraser or brush tool.

Feb 7, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 
jealous of the world

You could also try adjusting the brightness/contrast to make backgrounds whiter and lines darker.
Go to the menu bar and select Image>Adjustment>Brightness/Contrast, try adjusting the sliders to see if that helps.

Feb 7, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 
a-f

I always use Adjustment > Levels to remove variations of white/light gray. You have a bit more control than with brightness/contrast.

Feb 7, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Chch

My favoured method for cleaning up line drawings is to hit Ctrl+M (the curves window) and select the black dropper from the bottom right corner (there should be 3- black, grey and white). Then use that to click on the dark line. Repeat again for the white dropper but this time point the dropper at any part of your white areas that are a bit dirty. That will register that tone (and everything above it) as white.

I hope that made sense. good luck.

Feb 7, 07 10:24 am  · 
 · 
Archilearner

thanks guys...

but it seems like I am having the very last problem...
I tried to make the porfolio using only photoshop ....and ...used the automate command ....to create the PDF presentation.....which I saved it as a PDF file....everything looked fine...on screen until I printed it out...
Every pic on the print-out became just black ...and all the text came to have shadow.....which looked very very awful....
I changed some options..in the PDF presentaion dialog box..which still didn't work out...
Could you please tell me...what I did wrong?

Thanks again.....

Feb 8, 07 6:09 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Black images - no idea

This is a PSD, right? Which version of PS are you using?

Shadows? Are you sure it's not distortion?

What kind of printer are you using? Does the images print successfully by themselves?

I'd read up on resolution too:

Print resolution differs from screen resolution, so what looks good on the screen will not necessarily print well.

Read this and try a search on here, it's been discussed several times:

http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/28-render-quality-size.html

Feb 8, 07 8:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: