Archinect
anchor

on a sunday afternoon... LA event (download free music inside)

spaceghost

for those of you in los angeles looking for a location to meet up with your fellow archinecters....

look no further.

a friend and i have started a bi-weekly oldies and doo wop event (the second and fourth sunday of the month). the bar is right in the middle of the art galleries along la cienega. there is no cover, the drinks are good and reasonably priced, and the people at the bar are very friendly. we have done this twice now and have had a very nice turn-out and response both times. the owners have been very happy with the crowd (read: not filled with hipsters) and open the bar just for us. the bar is pretty spacious so you are not stepping on peoples toes and having to worry about carrying drinks through a thick crowd. there are plenty of places to sit down and a small but pleasant out-door patio. we don't blast the music so you can finish your archinect discussion about which black is best to wear to a presentation; but don't worry you can still get your mashed potato, hand jive or bunny hop going on the dance floor.

come on down. bring your friends. bring your friends friends. and their moms and dads.

Mandrake
2692 S. La Cienega Blvd.
2ND & 4TH SUNDAYS
2PM TO DUSK

it is the white building. a little hard to find but i promise it is there.

outside...

the bar...

the drinks...

the records...

the music...
2 1/2 hours of grazing in the grass recorded during the previous afternoon

keeping it los angeles related we have been in contact with "the dukes" the oldest lowrider car club in the world. if it doesn't rain this weekend it will shine on la cienega. they will be bringing a few cars down and parking out front. so bring your cameras.

i am sorry this is self promotion and not architecture related.

Feb 6, 07 9:47 pm
spaceghost

ok so that grazing in the grass link.
download here and without having to deal with the zip file step...

Feb 6, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Grazing in the Grass is my ringtone.

Feb 7, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

sweet spaceghost......so it's this weekend?

:o( sad to say, I hear that it may rain this weekend!

def. gotta check this place out, looks groovy!

Feb 7, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: