Archinect
anchor

Prince is a bad mamma jamma...

curt clay

that was probably one of the best halftime shows I've ever seen!!!

Let's go crazy
Baby i'm a star
Proud Mary (Ike & Tina)
Best of you (Foo Fighters)

then Purple Rain in the purple lights with the rain falling down!!!??

It was like the half time show featuring Prince, starring God... I saw a grown man almost shed a tear in the middle of a party!!!!

Feb 5, 07 9:06 am
vado retro

you left out all along the watchtower. which had me singing purple rain in a bob dylan voice for the rest of the game!

Feb 5, 07 9:09 am  · 
 · 
curt clay

oh shit.. that's right... the Dylan cover... it sounded more like the Hendrix version tho...

I totally forgot about that..

Feb 5, 07 9:21 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I was sooo glad there wasn't a wardrobe malfunction!

Feb 5, 07 9:27 am  · 
 · 
cln1

personally, i am anti-prince - but the best part was when he was doing is girly screams and my 4 year old godson looked up at me and said

"he's kinda freakin me out"

Feb 5, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

has g 'n' r ever done a superbowl halftime???

Feb 5, 07 10:50 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

next year, man...cause the 90's is approaching

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9or_T8y_o]sick g 'n' r[/rl]

Feb 5, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
sick g 'n' r
Feb 5, 07 10:57 am  · 
 · 
curt clay

c'mon man, in this no "family friendly" super bowl performances era, there will be no "darling Nikki" "Sexy MF", or GNR....

Prince ripped it to shreds for real... I was like.... "whoa......" the whole party stopped talking and everyone was staring at the TV in amazement.. it was quite a sight..

Feb 5, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I've always been a fan, but never knew he could play like that.
I was impressed and will buy a ticket if he tours again.

Feb 5, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Odd my father declared how he really doesn't like Prince, and that he's just another gender bender with that high voice, beautiful women, and symbol as a gimic.

The music started and there he was singing and dancing along...Prince & God converting millions via the Super Bowl

Feb 5, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists in rock, funk, r'n'b, whatever. It was great to see him make the Rolling Stones look like lame-ass groupie-gropers too sad to give up the ghost and Sir Paul look like he just plain fell asleep.

PS - G 'n' R can't do a SuperBowl because the crowd won't wait an hour and a half for them to take the stage.

Feb 5, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Prince rocked! Great show made all the better because it was just him. I'm glad the whole 'smashup of various incompatible artists' concept is out. And he can't help it if he's just a naturally pretty man. Last night he even had on way less makeup than usual.

Feb 5, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I guess there are still people around that don't realize this, but Prince can play every instrument in his band, and if you see him in concert, you will realize that not only can he play them, he plays them all quite well. Wish he would lose that 'stache though.

Feb 5, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

prince is the black todd rundgren!!!

Feb 5, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i woke up to the construction workers outside my apartment playing 'sweet child of mine' this morning

Feb 5, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

there must be a thousand videos on youtube of people playing(trying to play) that solo!

Feb 5, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

haha! ... Rundgren "iiii dont wanna play ..."

Feb 5, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

back in the day, there was a rumor that Prince could play 26 instruments, very well, ...AT THE SAME TIME!!!

(27 on a Saturday night)

Feb 5, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

I saw Prince driving an El Camino...with a broken tail light...well, a repaired tail light (red bandana and duct tape?). He was pulling out of a Foster's freeze: soft serve in one hand, steering into a right turn with the other. He cut off someone driving a silver Toyota Yaris leaning on their horn as he edged into their lane. Attempting to flip off the other driver, Princes's ice cream fell to the pavement and squashed under his left rear wheel as he gunned around the corner.

He was playing 29 instruments while waiting for a minute.

Feb 5, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I love Prince - you should see him live if you haven't yet.

Feb 5, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

didn't want to start a new thread about this one....and maybe it's already been hashed and re-hashed, but the news came on a friday, so here it is:

It's official.

David Lee Roth and Van Halen to play forty dates together.

Rock Lovers of the World Unite! And take out your tattered, your tired, your poor concert tees from the eighties, and lift lighters high to the god of the six-string!! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

And in other news, Michael Anthony has declined to participate in favor of continuing his touring schedule with Hagar billing themselves as the "Other Half."

In his place on the low-end will be Eddie Van Halen's 15yo on Wolfgang.

Knock 'em dead boys.

Feb 5, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

* son Wolfgang, that is. 15yo son.

Feb 5, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: