Archinect
anchor

Hotel Marques De Riscal by Frank O. Gehry

einstain

this unique hotel designed by Frank O. Gehry..check it out,very nice...very nice and interesting canopy...as usual..

http://www.review4-u.com/hotel_ghery.htm

Feb 5, 07 5:04 am
PerCorell

Sorry but for me this look as a tradisional building added a fancy roof.
What the roof, except for a visual mess, profit the building is difficult to see.

Feb 5, 07 7:31 am  · 
 · 
BlueSteel

Vindpust,

As usual, your post makes absolutely no sense...

However if i understand what you're trying to say I do agree. This building troubles me... Its a very scary building with this self-conscious stapled on titanium canopy...

Feb 5, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I like it just fine. Nothing new, kinda boring compared to his other work, but still nice.

The interior pics I've seen look nice. It might just be a box with shiny things stuck on, but his use of light and space are still much better than most.

Feb 5, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
robust84

I would say this is going to be just about the last of his shiny silver buildings. That trick is totally overdone by now.

Good thing some of his newer stuff that's already done (that goofy glass office building on the westside of Manhattan) and in the works (the conference center for Novartis in Basel CH) are really sweet. He's taking his interesting formal language and using glass rather than shiny steel to take it to a new level.

I'm excited.

Feb 5, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

that bitch best have one of these...

Feb 5, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

I wish Frank would try something new for once.

Feb 5, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

i wish his details were nicer. bird poop always seems to find its way and make a grand presence on his buildings. also, the unaligned edges/material transitions piss me off.

i think he could be better if not so sloppy!

Feb 6, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: