anchor

Best Movies of 2006

n_

Oh yea, Jesus Camp rocked too.

Anyone watch it?

Feb 6, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
spaghetti

anyone who loved the departed should also watch Infernal affairs (there are three of them) from hongkong. more hk stylized, and thus, more intriguing. i like hollywood, but only so much american films one can take...although a bunch of good ones came out this year.. i cant wait to see pan's labyrinth.

by far my favorite and most surprising for me was Match Point, which i believe was 2006? lil miss sunshine was great fun. it didnt try too hard.. just a simple movie about family and fun. one doesnt have to be SO intellectual to make a good movie, but u need feeling (also a slight problem with architecture students these days). dont be afraid to feel! its all music.

Feb 6, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Pan's WASN'T great.

Feb 6, 07 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
ease

spaghetti
absolutely right with match point... dense and breath taking

Feb 6, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, I just watched Brick. It was 2005 I guess, but somebody mentioned it earlier so I thought I would talk about it.

It was really good, the dialogue of course being the best part of it. Great writing, but I felt that I had to suspend my disbelief that these were characters in high school. Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is quite impressive.

Now I only need to see Match Point, The Departed, Babel, etc., etc......

Feb 6, 07 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
oe

ha ha oh but brotha, that was the point? a high school detective noir?

Feb 6, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Well when you put it that way it seems stupid. Honestly I wish they had gone a little older. I.e. if they had taken roughly the cast of Wicker Park (and the song at the end) and put it in Brick I think it would have been a much better choice. But what do I know...

Feb 6, 07 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
harold

The persuit of happiness
Blood diamonds

Feb 7, 07 4:10 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Blood Diamond, Babel ,Happy feet .

And did anyone else waste two perfectly good hours watching 'Covenant'

Feb 7, 07 4:35 am  · 
 · 
archtopus

Wow, I'm realizing that I saw so many more movies in '06 than I did in previous years. I think my top 06, in the order that I saw them, would be:

Science of Sleep
Short Bus
Babel
The Illusionist
Notes on a Scandal
Pan's Labyrinth

Feb 7, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
scralk

1. Caché
2. The Queen
3. Volver

Feb 7, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: