Archinect
anchor

ENOUGH ALREADY BRAVO!

JohnProlly

SO has anyone else seen this new show on Bravo? Top Design?

I watched it last night and it's really really pathetic. I love how 99% of the 'interior design' world thinks that expensive taste and shopping makes you a "designer"... and creative...

Thoughts?

Feb 1, 07 2:13 pm
sameolddoctor

oh god i watched the show, i have to admit.
everything from the quality of the presentation to the designs showcased was pathetic, really.

i dont really care about definitions of designers, im sure there are many better 'designers' than educated or licenses ones, but these guys were totally untalented, without any sense of taste, proportion or innovation. The architect guy seemed a little more accomplished though.

Feb 1, 07 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
e

and what the hell is jonathan adler doing whoring himself on that show. pathetic indeed.

Feb 1, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Previously discussed

I didn't watch it though. I felt sick yesterday to begin with so I didn't want to chance chucking my dinner.

Feb 1, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I have Potatoes de Bravo in Mexico City this weekend....perhaps the best thing I've ever ate.

HELP, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM!

Feb 1, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

That show sucked.
"That table needs a book on it."
How is that a design critique?
And the rooms looked like Ikea showrooms. I kept getting the urge to eat meatballs with lingonberry sauce. this show won't last. making interior design dioramas is just not very compelling.

And Todd Oldhams teeth were perhaps the most disgusting part of the whole show. How can you take design advice from a guy who's teeth are straight out of the Big Book of British Smiles? They are so bad that they are a parody of bad teeth. It hurt to look at him talk. I seriously don't know how he has gone this long without fixing them. Cringe.

Feb 1, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

i prefer project runway and iron chef. the rest (top chef, design) aren't up to par in terms of execution/production or talent...

Feb 2, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

although, i do enjoy the light design has been getting the past few years... comon america, you can refine your design tastes too! its a start? i hope?

Feb 2, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
BlueSteel

i was particularly turned off when the "Suprise judge" arrived

All this build up about hollywood royalty and design expertise, i figured i was going to be blown away...

Then walked out some thing that looked to be a cross between Iggy Pop and Maryln Manson, . Turned out to be an Arquette.

Between Todd Oldhams garbage disposal teeth and bringing out Hedwig from Hedwig and the Angry Inch to critique room arrangments. I dont see how this show is going to turn most of America on to "design".

Feb 3, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
kakacabeza

Just saw a re-run of this show last night. Awful! First, I think Todd Oldham is a designer for LA-Z-Boy. Hardly world class. Secondly, I loved his critique of the architect guy's diorma (i think in episode 2). The architect had a scale figure in the room.

Todd "How tall is the scale figure?"
Architect "About 6'-0" tall"
Todd "Cool"

That is the ONLY criticism he offered the entire time. At least that they included in the final footage. Pathetic.

Feb 9, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

i don't know why they picked him as the host. he has the personality of a wooden post and is difficult to look at (ack! those teeth!). And you are right kaka, he doesn't have anything relevant to add in terms of critique. they might as well have gotten anna nicole to host the show. oh, wait...

Feb 9, 07 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: