Archinect
anchor

The usual portfolio questions

Monolith

Sorry in advance. I know this sort of mundane question is being constantly asked here.

If granted an interview to an undergraduate degree, would it be appropriate to take my sketchbook and a self-created design brief and project that I've done in Sketchup? Perhaps writing a short essay or reflective piece on the eventual design? Perhaps this is a naff idea.
Not coming from a strictly creative background, I'm not too sure what to take. I've been told I can bring up to 5 individual pieces, but would a sketch book and self-created project suffice?

Any feedback warmly welcomed.

Jan 28, 07 12:47 pm
boing

yes, no doubt these are tough decisions. bring what you have; it couldn't hurt. i suggest you mentally prepare an order in which to present things, so there is some cohesion. best of luck!

Jan 28, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

of course man, take these stuff with you, all these things reflects your personality and help the commitee know you better.
Good luck.

Jan 29, 07 4:14 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I use the same advice for my portfolios as I use for picking up women at the bar....make sure you have a nice, clean package

Feb 26, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

mdler!

Feb 26, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

haha, it also depends on the school... are you applying to Rice or Cornell's undergrad? certain schools look for specific things although work that can speak for itself then can be elaborated on would be what I would recommend. They want to see potential not what you are already capable of.

Feb 27, 07 10:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: