Archinect
anchor

Philip K R Nixon's new site!!!

Giglioroninomicon

Old-timer architnect folk will remember this hack from a few years ago, and he's back with an all-new look!

http://www.philipkrnixon.com/

Jan 23, 07 11:52 pm
AbrahamNR

What the hell is this and can I blame him for all the crap in PR?

Jan 24, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

but how do we know he's a master architect?

Jan 24, 07 3:07 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

well duh, he's a MASTER because HE said so! jeez!

Jan 24, 07 4:27 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

only fifty bucks a printout - what a steal!

Jan 24, 07 4:37 am  · 
 · 
Medit

Beethovin!

"If you are curious to know who wrote all these texts and designed all the Architecture and Graphics it was me the perfectionist"

brilliant, as always... absolute master class (and I'm not even bother to read any of those texts, which, btw, are as long as Per's.. why can't all these genius be more concise?)

Jan 24, 07 5:05 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

sweet! the beethoven-class talent is back!

Jan 24, 07 5:22 am  · 
 · 

inexplicable.

Jan 24, 07 7:29 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

F grad school. I've found my new mentor. Teach me, oh wise one.

Jan 24, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

I'm no psychologist, but the symmetry of it all is very disturbing (to me)....

Jan 24, 07 9:03 am  · 
 · 
doberman

cutting edge stuff no doubt....

Jan 24, 07 9:04 am  · 
 · 
dillup.

Whoa.... This is big news.

America is no longer big enough for Philip Nixon, I cannot say I'm surprised.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jan 24, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
dillup.

By the way, the Teaching Architecture section is filled with insightful material to make you become a better architect.

Has anyone ever contacted this guy?

Jan 24, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

I think I learned how to draft in high school by copying some K R Nixon plans and elevations.

Jan 24, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

From the Teaching Architecture section:

While contemplating your decision to be [or not] an Architect please read all the texts on this web sight that may be downloaded free of charge as my GIFT to the Worlds Future Increased Beauty and Functionality

That's the same goal as my postings here on Archinect: they are my GIFT to the WFIBaF. I just need to come up with a better acronym for it.

Jan 24, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

WFIBaF is pretty good. It would be pronounced 'wiffibaf'.

won't somebody think of the WFIBaF?

Jan 24, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Over millions , even hundreds of millions of years { since there have been males and females for between 1.6 to 1.7 billion years } we animals have been sensitized to the Physical expressiveness in other animals and in many real ways survived by avoiding becoming dinner by intensely perceiving an aggressive gesture like a slightly curled lip or squinted eye .

Think about it – Façade means face – the windows the eyes the door a mouth the cornice the brow the roof- hair , shutters eyelids ? Well you understand.

Thanks K R, I will think about it.

Jan 24, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
dia

This should be in the architecture business plans thread - he's on to a winner here:

Purchasing these original A Quality Architectural Designs from the only living Master Architect for a few hundred dollars is the Architecture Worlds bargain of the century and out over millennia to come.

Jan 24, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

oh...no...too many jokes at hand...i can't stand it.

in the spirit of the philosophical riddle "what color is a chameleon in a room with mirrored walls?"...if pkrn and vindpust are locked in a room together, who bores whom to death first?

Jan 24, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
simples

I looked through the webpage for an "about us" section, looking for his credentials. I am amazed he is registered (I assume by his use of the term Master Architect). I am amazed he went to an architectural school.

Jan 24, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
theTracer

I like how he has a domain, but still gets his mail sent to his yahoo account.

Jan 24, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
BlueSteel

Holy Crap!

Jan 24, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Brilliant, broccolijet. My head hurts!

Jan 24, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

Awesome broccolijet. I think a combination of pkrn & vindpust is like crossing the streams- the space-time continuum will shatter and our reality will be destroyed. I'm sure these master archi-debaters can put things back together for us, though.

Jan 24, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
marlowe

either his stuffis so sublimely genius that I simply can't understand it, or it needs a great deal more work.

Jan 26, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

One of my great pleasures in life is reading the Enforcements section of the CAB quarterly newsletter in the hopes that a certain villainous, intern cheating former employer might have finally gotten their comeuppance. This month, I was surprised to see that somewhat notable Mensa member and Organic Architect Eric Corey Freed received a smackdown from the CAB for allowing his license to lapse and continuing to call himself an architect. Er, Organic Architect.

Certainly, Mr. Nixon's drawings are bad enough to have been prepared by a licensed architect. But as a resident of Floriday, Mr. Nixon should at least count his blessing that he lives in a state that enforces the Architect label less aggressively than mother California where throwing around the words Architecture and Architect as an unlicensed person would get one in a lot of trouble....

Jan 27, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Phillip Nixon was the first person ever sued in Missourri for violating the state's anti-spam law in 2003. He sent multiple unsolicited emails selling his architectural plans, directly to an address that was intended for reporting spam (the address was "[email protected]" which is maintained by the attorney general's office).

Jan 27, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

Ok this HAS to be a joke, seriously...

f you are in a hurry to become an Architect or a better one than you already are the quickest way to improve your talents is to copy all 364 of these designs , not trace but use your scale and ever evolving drawing skills to accurately reproduce them line by line so your drawing appears EXACTLY like my original design .
Jan 27, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
shaner

omgwtf

Jan 28, 07 1:32 am  · 
 · 
snooker

janosh, Guess Eric was to busy saving the world, from itself to think about renewing his registration.

Jan 28, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Check that, apparently Freed was advertising himself as an Organic Architect while working out of San Francisco PRIOR to getting his California License.

Jan 28, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Janosh,Thinking the guy is registered in New Mexico and Arizona...and he has been in California for some time, wonder
what took him so long to become registered in California.

Jan 28, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 

this is my beautiful house.

Jan 28, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

No no...you gotta get design #171, "Pete The Pine Tree".

holy crud...

Jan 28, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

and don't forget:

"NEW DESIGNS WILL BE LOGGED ONTO THIS WEB SIGHT AS SOON AS THEY MEET MY STANDARDS THAT ESSENTIALLY ARE THAT I BELIEVE THE DESIGN WHEN FULLY DEVELOPED WILL ATTAIN AN A OR A+ GRADE FOR ORIGINALITY , ESTHETIC QUALITIES , PURITY, CLARITY AND CONSISTANCY OF DESIGN, WITH NO ERRORS , AND A WELL DEFINED AND DEVELOPED AMBIANCE AND SENSE OF IMPORTANCE DESTINCTKY IT’S VERY OWN AND NO OTHERS."

yeah, they're 'destinctky' all right....

Jan 28, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

I'd swear that the last incarnation of his website was 'R.K. Nixon', not 'K.R. Nixon'? Anyone else remember?

If you look at the numbers on his plans, they're 'PRKN-x'.

Methinks something else is going on here....

Jan 28, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 

perhaps you don't need a revolutionary design or a cozy floor planned home just yet, but there is, nevertheless, a room for his heiness' poster in your current quarters?

Jan 28, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

This money has to be going to the Cayman Islands.....

Jan 28, 07 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
shaner

i guess he is an automotive designer too

http://www.philipkrnixon.com/product.php?option=display_products&category_id=2&subcategory_id=&product_id=929

Jan 28, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Jeezus.

Jan 29, 07 12:41 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

I think he's lost it. The old site was a side slitting, bladder opener of considerable humorous proportions (not withstanding the archinect dissemination of the Masters original site).

He has obviously taken on board some of our comments and as a result he's lost the cutting edge.

Maybe el jeffe has a point and we are being duped an impostor.

Jan 30, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
soleil

el jeffe - i remember that
i had searched for old prkn to show a colleague quite a while ago and was just broken when my search was dead ended.

must be some sort of impostor - pRKn never had the time to write as much as this pKRn character. he was too busy Master Architecting.

...unless the Master felt it necessary to redesign his name.

hmm...

Jan 31, 07 12:09 am  · 
 · 
gruen

does his old site show up on the wayback machine?

http://www.archive.org/index.php

I sure would like to see that...

Jan 31, 07 12:52 am  · 
 · 
gruen

yeah, he used to be at www.philliprknixon.com, now he's kr...

and don't forget about

http://www.ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2003/100903.htm

see his old stuff at:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.philiprknixon.com/

clearly, it's either the same guy or someone spent a lot of time building a spoof site that is, well, just as funny as the original, and uh, has the same images.

Jan 31, 07 1:23 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

have you guys read the general notes?

Here is the first paragraph:

These homes and to the extent possible all commercial and municipal projects should be 100% clean renewable energy perpetually self sustaining and even use excess energy produced by equipment with built in overcapacity to power electric and hydrogen transportation. All the energy we need to power our home and commuter car is sun , wind and geothermal to produce electric power and hydrogen and not Petrochemicals , Atomic, Coal , Oil or Gas.

Feb 1, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

what is this? why is this a design? why would i pay 50 bucks for this?

Feb 1, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

le b,

because he already has the plumbing riser diagram figured out...

or the HVAC distribution....

or perhaps he already has the rebar curtains engineered...

or maybe all-in-one at the same time! damn he's good!!!!

Feb 1, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i actually do think he is talented.

Feb 1, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

he has good hands. that's all i'll say.

Feb 1, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
rkeytex

Janosh:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have something to add.

I moved to California in 1997 with my New Mexico license. While waiting for the next oral exam, I started work on a house. In California, houses are considered exempt from requiring a stamp.

New to San Francisco, I did not know any contractors. Someone referred a contractor to me. This guy then told my clients, "You are wasting your money on an architect. We can design the house for you instead." My clients told me about it and kicked him off the job.

Pissed off, this contractor sent my drawings into the California Architects Board. They conducted an investigation (they have no sense of humor about anything, trust me...). After a year, they cited me for the website, and I have been appealing it for years now. I had my final appeal last year, and eventually just gave up and paid the fine.

The experience taught me a great deal, but delayed my California license.

Ironically, that house was just published in San Francisco Magazine.

Beware the CAB, they take their job very seriously.

If any of you are in San Francisco, please come by our studio for a visit. I love having people stop in.

Eric Corey Freed
organicARCHITECT

Feb 6, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Ouch! You have my sympathy.

Feb 6, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: