Archinect
anchor

if you wear camper shoes do you become a better architect :)

--Your Frietag messenger bag [naw actually I rock a PUMA bag]

--Your Prada loafers [no time for loafers but I did have a pair of Prada mules in the early 90s].

--Your Addidas sandals with socks and running pants [thats so 90s college grad whether you are Korean or not]

--Your Matching Freitag wallet [no]

--The one pair of Diesel jeans you can afford [sorry built like a line-backer/ foward scrum they don't make Diesel for us]

--Your snazzy new Ipod filled with "OK Go" ...[omg wtf]

--Your 45 Black t-shirts and button down ones for your reviews and when the client comes in. [its 90+ degrees 300 days of the year...the latter works]

--Your Moleskin notebook which you fill up the first 35 pages and then throw away. Makes you look like you are running off to class at all hours of the day.[I bought a moleskine sketchbook. I gave it away]

--Your VW [I wish...CRV]

--Your Ikea furniture [slowly building the collection...lamps mostly now]

--Your Scarf you like to wear wich makes you look like Dr. Who [see 90+ degree comment]

--The Radiohead tour t-shirt you bring out on the weekends.[radiohead is hype but no!]

--Your "Loop Holes conference" T-shirt [You lost me there]

What I do tend to rock in my more architectural moods
-black shirts, short hair, simple and minimal shoes, over-the-shoulder bag, massive laptop, ambient music, funky furniture rem of previous European era

Jan 17, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
kellynsee

squirelly: merrill shoes are all over manila. you can easily buy them cheap here.

Jan 18, 07 9:05 am  · 
 · 

i don't have anything on architechnophilia's list. ergo, am i not a good architect?

Jan 18, 07 9:11 am  · 
 · 

Steven we both know you are the shit|bomb don't sweat the gear...just the technique

Jan 18, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
BlueSteel

I am sorry but after the wording of the last comment i am envisioning Steven taking a bit Sh^t, dropping a bomb and sweating profusely.

Sorry it was just to funny to not say anything.
:)

Jan 18, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
camper shoes
Jan 18, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

confession: freitag bag and a black t-shirt or two.

i did used to wear adidas slides, socks and running pants. at high school.

Jan 18, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i was a good camper and i became a better architect and now i can't buy shoes..serkan.

Jan 18, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

even if i had all this crap i would still be mediocre...

Jan 18, 07 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

lol abracadabra

Jan 18, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

So I'm on a posting spree and I just remembered to mention that I love my Campers. Both pairs! probably the most expensive shoes that I own but also the most cherished. I have two pairs of Twins and they elicit comments whenever I wear them, which then remind me of how I got them, and my favorite places, and why I became a designer, etc., etc......

I looked over the list of the other items above. I am not ashamed to say that I sleep next to an Ikea shelving unit and I drive to work in a VW - very quickly I might add.....

Jan 19, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

i prefer a nice Clarks Wallabee when it comes to footwear...such a simple design, it's like a leather bag you tie onto your foot.

comfy as hell, but it doesn't help my abilities worth a damn. but then again, i suppose it's easier to think when you're comfortable.

Jan 19, 07 12:28 am  · 
 · 

you go wonderK.

well for the next few I can't drive...maybe I'll get a vw when all of this is said and done. But my favourite pair of shoes whilst in grad school were a red pair of GBX, everytime i went on site those burly workmen would whistle that the architect was on site. lol, nice to hear when you are a guy

Jan 20, 07 10:38 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

My favorite shoes are from Satori of Argentina

Jan 20, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Susan Surface - we're on the same level. I got some docs from back in the day I wear on Jobsites. When no ones looking I pick up some change and do a few line kicks.

Give me raw denim, all-over prints in bright colours, throwback metal and hardcore shirts, white g shock watches, new era hats and a carharrt coats.

Jan 20, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac
link

i love onitsukas

Jan 20, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i like when structural engineers wear loud hawaiian shirts...

Jan 20, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
dobrowolski-b

Never buy CAMPER shoes. I had two pairs, one of them got broken after two
months of wear. Leather on heel got broken. Entire shoe was ok. It was said
that it was my fault. 
I wanted to send it to factory so that they would check it. They didn't
care. They don't care about the quality of their product. DONE BUY IT.

Check photos:
s32.postimg.org/thi3tt1jp/image.png

May 17, 16 8:18 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

Original Camper's were good... the stuff they put out these days are crap and designs are ugly.  

May 17, 16 8:22 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I wear some Nikes to work...

May 17, 16 8:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I rock a pair of these to work:

May 17, 16 8:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: