Archinect
anchor

Building Talent - Grammar... not so much

Menona

So I'm checking the Job Postings and there's the advertisement for the Architectural Designer position at "Building Talent".

Architectural Designer

A world renown architectural firm is seeking a junior architectural designer for their Los Angeles office.

Can you really be  - world renowned -  if you don't even know what the phrase actually is?  And no - you're (or should I say "your," or "ewer?") NOT world renowned.  A firm that was globally celebrated would be able to hire someone with more than 8th grade English skills. 

But at least they don't indicate it's an unpaid "intern" position.  Small win, I suppose.

Jun 7, 12 6:15 pm
citizen

Let me pile on.  An architectural firm would seek people for its (not their) office.

Amateurs.

Jun 7, 12 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Also: world-renowned is a compound modifier describing "architectural firm," so it should be hyphenated.

And while we're at it, architecture firm is preferable.

Jun 7, 12 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

there must be a disclaimer of sort, one that goes to the tune of "The ads posted by the human resource department doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of work produced by this firm."

You must be unemployed btw.  Good luck with the job hunt.

Jun 7, 12 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
Sergo Antadze

"Building Talent" is recruiting company It is not an Architectural Firm. I guess they offer coaching and probably resume writing services.......??????

(sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language)

Jun 8, 12 3:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: